PDA

View Full Version : Troll Army?

RocketRollRebel
05-25-2010, 06:34 AM
Hello there everyone. So I'm always coming up with stupid ideas for a WHFB army but always seem to lose interest in it after a few weeks. Anyway my latest consideration is an all Troll/Monster WoC army. What is some advice you can give on building and playing the army? Also have you seen one in action?

To me it sounds like a terrible idea but an interesting and fun one none the less. I also like the small model count that the army brings (don't wanna play ogres) and the idea of the army being nothing but monster dudes. I'm very tired of painting humans for my other 2 armies. So any advice or suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks!

Lord Azaghul
05-25-2010, 07:28 AM
The main problem with the all troll list for WOC is that you need to take a special character to build it. Special characters are generally not allowed in most touriments (except 'Ard Boyz) because most players feel they are too game breaking.

As far was actually playing it: its ok. You've have a hard time dealing with most builds due to your smaller numbers.

If you want monsters I would suggest Beast of Chaos. Lots of monsterish things.

RocketRollRebel
05-25-2010, 07:44 PM
hmm good call man. I bought the book today, dude who wears an effing unicorn skull on his head sold me. Also a drunken table for centigors?!? awesome. Now to wait for 8th :p

CitizenZero
06-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Trolls benefit a ton from 8th Edition...just sayin...

The main problem with the all troll list for WOC is that you need to take a special character to build it. Special characters are generally not allowed in most touriments (except 'Ard Boyz) because most players feel they are too game breaking.Where I am from, that hasn't been true since the days when you had to ask for permission to use special characters. They are in almost every single army these days, as they are part of the regular army book now...