PDA

View Full Version : changers of fate 2500pts

darkangel
05-25-2010, 11:21 AM
This is my 2500pt army of chaos deamons. The new models really convinced me to get to work on this army. They are all white/brown with blue as accent color. The idea is that this army is totally dedicated to tzeentch, even the bloodletters. They have blue swords. ( pictures will follow)

So enough talk, here's my list:

fate weaver

skulltaker
juggernaut

the blue scribes

6 flamers of tzeentch
bolt of tzeentch

4 bloodcrushers of khorne
fury of khorne

10 bloodletters of khorne
all options

10 bloodletters of khorne
all options

15 pink horrors
bolt of tzeentch
chaos icon

15 pink horrors
bolt of tzeentch
chaos icon

daemon prince
daemonic flight
mark of tzeentch
iron hide
unholy might
bolt of tzeentch

daemon prince
daemonic flight
mark of tzeentch
iron hide
unholy might
bolt of tzeentch
master of sorcery
daemonic gaze

lets hear some comments :)

eagleboy7259
05-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Bloodcrushers and Pavane of Slaanesh? Always a nasty combo =D

What I would do would be to divide those Horrors up into smaller units, and wheres the Changeling? Its the best 5pts you're not spending at this point. The smaller units of Horrors give you more troops which give you more bolts to help vs. anti-tank which is where demons can sometimes struggle. The additional units also give you a little bit more flexibility in waves and could potentially help in objective snagging. I would keep one slightly larger squad of horrors to house the Changeling and the Blue Scribes, to keep them safe. Don't make the mistake of trying to play the Scribes with the Flamers, even if they have the jump pack ability they are much better off with the Horrors.

Personally I'm not a fan of Demon Princes that cost that much, their stat line is so poor compared to their price and I think the points can be better spent. Think back to the previous edition of 'Nids, why did nobody run a Godfex? because 2 Dakkafexes are better for the points; same kind of idea here. Bolt and Hide and Gaze and all that jazz are EXPENSIVE!! Better to take 3 Winged guys geared for assault or 3 duders spitting out bolt at BS 5 than just two.

Over all I would just try to flesh out the rest of the army a little bit better. 9 Screamers comes in around 150pts right? With 3x3 they are useful to contest objectives or sometimes pop tanks. You could also use a few more Bloodcrushers as those will be the hammer unit of this list.

darkangel
05-25-2010, 03:11 PM
thanks for the advice. I will play test this army and try to tweak it as I go along.

usekungfu
05-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Losts of Fatweaver hanging around on the forums lately, what's that all about?

At any rate, everything looks pretty chappy till you get to the princes, just too much fancy. Also, do ten bloodletters really need all them fancy upgrades? Just curious

darkangel
05-30-2010, 02:49 PM
they don't need all those upgrades but I like painting and modeling so the upgrades are on there.

The same reason for fateweaver. The new model is nice.

usekungfu
05-30-2010, 07:24 PM
thats cool, I converted my own although i am tempted to buy the new one.