PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts Final Commissioned Demons

eagleboy7259
05-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Well I did it, I finally got 1500pts of things that I am having commissioned so I can take an army to a tournament that isn't all pewter and plastic or looks like a child painted it. Its being done by none other that local painter and Demon Mastermind Bill Kim himself :D

Sorry for the outburst but I can barely contain my excitement. I figured to start I would have a core of my demons painted up, and then return to have more done possibly around December, but I was wondering what kind of criticism people might have for this 1500pt core models list.

Fateweaver - 333pts

4 Bloodcrusher - 160pts
3 Flamers of Tzeentch - 105pts
3 Flamers of Tzeentch - 105pts

8 Bloodletters w/ fury - 138pts
7 Horrors w/ Bolt & Changeling - 134pts
7 Horrors w/ Bolt - 129pts

Soul Grinder - 135pts
Soul Grinder - 135pts
Demon Prince w/ Iron Hide, Demonic Gaze, Unholy Strength - 150pts

Total 1524pts

So I would have to cut down 24pts out of this list. I know this isn't exactly optimal, but I am building up to 2000pts eventually and would like some input. Realistically after this commission I would like try and keep the cost of this army down, so I can afford to commission maybe another unit right now for this army. The other models that were included in this commission were 2 more Horrors and 2 more Bloodletters which I cut out of this list. Any input would be great, this is Tzeentch / Khrone at 1500pts so try to stick to that theme.

darkangel
05-26-2010, 03:40 PM
hi,

it seems like a good list, ther is only one thing I don't like.

soulgrinders. With all the melta out there they get blown up from the moment they show up.
they are the only vehicle in the list so every melta is directed at them. I generally don't take them because with all the invunerable saves the ap 1 doesn't matter.

I would take more princes.

isotope99
05-26-2010, 04:24 PM
For tweaking to 1,500

If your daemon prince is khorne, I'd drop a bloodcrusher and throw on the mark of khorne, gets the points down to 1499

If your daemon prince is tzeentch, I'd drop a bloodcrusher, swap out iron hide for mark of tzeentch and upgrade gaze to another bolt of tzeentch.

Either way, I think you want to keep your prince close to fateweaver to get that vital save reroll.

For the run up to 2000points I think you need an extra squad of bloodletters (more troops) and I would up both horror squads to 9 strong (tzeentch's magic number).

One of either Skulltaker or the Blue Scribes would be fun and a few screamers are excellent anti-mech value, especially if you keep them close to fateweaver (75% chance of shrugging off any hit).

You might also want at least one chaos icon at some point to keep things on target, especially fateweaver (who needs to be right in the middle to justify his points cost) and those huge footprint soul grinders (deepstrike mishap is not your friend:().

eagleboy7259
05-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Demon Prince is just demon prince for right now, the pewter GW sculpt is the only one that I'm going to have finished for the moment. I'm kind of unsure how to run him, he's basically a placeholder for the Bloodthister at 1500pts and I figure he'll follow Fateweaver around.

Fateweaver is the only Greater Demon I have at this point, although I'm not entirely sure he's worth it because of this army build and taking up 1/5 of my points for one guy. Its either him or a generic Lord of Change in this list, and if I run him nude I can get up to 73pts for more stuff. I was debting taking 3x5 Horrors with Bolt for troops, with the changeling in one of those squads and spending the extra points for phlegm on the Grinders.

I think I'm going to stick it out with Grinders for meow because that's what I've got model wise, although I have Belakor and and I might get the Terror of Anor and run them as winged Tzeentch princes later on, but that is several long months off in the future. I would love to get my hands on some screamers but they are so dang expensive ($$$) I can't justify that right now.

usekungfu
05-27-2010, 10:33 PM
yeah fateweaver dont return my calls no more...

princes work great with him or hordes of little guys, and blood crushers like the Fatecrusher stuff that was going around for a while