PDA

View Full Version : The Salamanders?

Andrew283
05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Despite being an avid Salamanders player I don't read any of the books regarding 40K, prefering other authors like Stephen King, Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchet. I was wandering what the background of the Salamanders actually was because, despite scouring the internet for any information regarding the Dissapearance of Vulkan (I'm sure I heard something about him vanishing during the siege of the Imperial Palace on Terra) and other tid-bits.

Any help or stories would be very helpful.

AirHorse
05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Theres not that much unfortunately! What I do know is that vulkan disappeared sometime after the heresy was over and he left the salamanders with the tome of fire(I think thats its name, it was basically full of wierd prophecies) and told them to find the nine technological artefacts that he had scattered around the galaxy.

Now the salamanders spend their time doing the usual space marine stuff with a bit of indiana jones action on the side looking for the nine artefacts, five of which have so far been found.

wittdooley
05-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Theres not that much unfortunately! What I do know is that vulkan disappeared sometime after the heresy was over and he left the salamanders with the tome of fire(I think thats its name, it was basically full of wierd prophecies) and told them to find the nine technological artefacts that he had scattered around the galaxy.

Now the salamanders spend their time doing the usual space marine stuff with a bit of indiana jones action on the side looking for the nine artefacts, five of which have so far been found.

Nick Kyme's Tome of Fire trilogy is examining precisely this "treasure hunt." Salamander, the first book, was quite good.

AirHorse
05-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah Indeed, it also had an awesome moment with the salamander ancient, looking forward to more from them! The short story in legends of the space marines wasnt too exciting unfortunately :(

wittdooley
05-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah Indeed, it also had an awesome moment with the salamander ancient, looking forward to more from them! The short story in legends of the space marines wasnt too exciting unfortunately :(

Dude, that part with the Ancient makes me think there is going to be some REALLY good stuff from this series in terms of new fluff reveals.

Sparda
05-26-2010, 08:37 PM
The Ancient is just a really old Salamander that ended up crashing and getting stuck on a planet sometime during the Great Crusade I think and decided to take a really long nap, it sounds more interesting then it is sadly. Oh, then they find out hes to old to properly move so he ends up dieing.

GVEGames
05-26-2010, 08:47 PM
The Ancient is just a really old Salamander that ended up crashing and getting stuck on a planet sometime during the Great Crusade I think and decided to take a really long nap, it sounds more interesting then it is sadly. Oh, then they find out hes to old to properly move so he ends up dieing.

Spoiler alert? :p

wittdooley
05-26-2010, 09:15 PM

Seriously dude? We left it ambiguous for a reason.