PDA

View Full Version : BoLScon FAQ

mathhammer
05-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Hello,
In my preparations for year 2 of BoLScon I have about 20 questions about Tyranids. (I keep hoping for a GW FAQ). If there is no official GW FAQ before BoLScon this year will the INAT FAQ be used for all those unresolved questions?

Mathhammer

Darkwynn
05-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Mathhammer,

I know Jwolf is still working out the FAQ and had a call last night about it. We are hoping to make a announcement soon which will address these issues and concerns.

So in Short, hold on tight Wolf will have something soon for you :)

Jwolf
05-28-2010, 03:26 PM
We will be using the INAT for all your Tyranid questions. And there is a new version of the INAT in process, which changes a few things (not the Doom).

Green Blow Fly
05-31-2010, 11:30 PM
Does FNP work versus the Tyranid DoM?

:D

G

Jwolf
06-02-2010, 06:04 AM
Does FNP work versus the Tyranid DoM?

G

No, as FNP cannot be used against any wound for which armor saves can never be taken. Wind/Breath of Chaos is pretty killy on FNP, too.

Green Blow Fly
06-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Never hurts to ask a brother.

Big_Al
06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Related to Doom, has there been any feedback on his powers for Bolscon?

Jwolf
06-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Related to Doom, has there been any feedback on his powers for Bolscon?

Doom is using the INAT rules, so affects guys in vehicles and they get a 4+ cover save.

Ryar
06-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Just want to clairify, will the new blood angel vindicator be using the large ordinance blast?

silentcaine
06-26-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm curious, if you have multiple space wolf characters in a unit and each character has a wolf tail talisman, if a psychic power targets the unit with the characters in it, can you use multiple wolf tail talismans to get multiple attempts to stop the power or do you only get one attempt no matter how many you have in the unit.

Jwolf
06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Just want to clairify, will the new blood angel vindicator be using the large ordinance blast?

Yes. Odd that a typo would be repeated, but this one clearly is.

B-Rad11
06-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Yes. Odd that a typo would be repeated, but this one clearly is.

I really do not view this as a typo at all, but a new direction they are taking with the codices/rulebook regarding all ordinance weapons. Check out page 58 of the 5th ed rulebook: "Unless their profile specifies otherwise, all ordnance blast weapons use the large blast marker."

Really looking forward to BoLS, errr, WAR con.

I do have a few BA related questions. Furious charge 6" bubble measured before the charge or once in assualt. And The Sanguinors +1 attack bubble, measured before the charge or once in assault? I have been playing that FC is measured prior to assault moves, but +1 attack from The Sanguinor is measured when the attacks are calculated, i.e. once in assault. What say you?

Jwolf
06-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Now if it only said it was Ordnance Blast, we'd be on to something, B-Rad11.

Angelofblades
06-30-2010, 10:17 AM
How does the introduction of the GW Tyranid and BA FaQ change things this late in the game for us a BoLsCon?

Herald of Nurgle
06-30-2010, 02:50 PM
How does the introduction of the GW Tyranid and BA FaQ change things this late in the game for us a BoLsCon?
It means that they supersede the previous rulings in the INAT (from Adepticon) which was already being used for BoLScon

Jwolf
06-30-2010, 05:06 PM
It means that they supersede the previous rulings in the INAT (from Adepticon) which was already being used for BoLScon

Exactly. The precendence of rules is Codex > BRB > GW FAQ > INAT. As the FAQ answers a few questions that we had to get from the INAT before, we now ignore those sections of the INAT (so the Doom does not affect models in vehicles, for instance).