PDA

View Full Version : 1850pt GUARD w/ DaemonHunters Campaign Play

twomas_rox
08-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Ok, so maybe you guys can help me out here.. My gaming group started a campaign. It is based on fighting for objectives, that will give you bonuses for the Apocalypse finale. There are 8 objectives and once they are all won, the big game will take place.

I have challenged someone for Objective 4:

Objective 4 - Orbital Defense Satellite "Emperor's Light" Control Center
Hidden among the many other satellites in Agrona's low orbit is the "Emperor's Light". A control center nestled in the frozen arctic region commands this powerful laser.
Special Conditions: The terrain is a featureless plain of snow and ice. Players play Capture & Control or Annihilation (main rulebook mission), any Deployment, no terrain at all on the whole board.
Reward: Winner receives "Emperor's Light" Campaign Strategem. During the Apocalypse game, a player picks one spot on the battlefield (does not have to be centered on an enemy model, but cannot be centered on a friendly model). Then, an intense beam of energy from the sky shoots down and hits the marked spot. "Emperor's Light" is Strength 10, AP 1. The beam hits without deviation if within LOS of any friendly HQ model. If it isn't in LOS, then roll deviation dice plus 2d6 inches (no modifier for ballistic skill). After the beam has hit, roll a deviation dice. Whatever direction is rolled, the beam scorches across the terrain 10" in that direction. The beam is one inch wide. Any model that comes into contact of the beam as it moves is hit. If a direct hit is rolled on the deviation dice, the player gets to choose the direction. After beam is done moving, it stops and disappears. Place laserburn terrain along path of "Emperor's Light" beam.

It is going to be myguard vs his Chaos Marines. at 1850 pts. Here is the list that i have:

HQ
CCS
LasCannon
2x Snipers

Elite
Guarsman Marbo

4xGKTermies w/ one Incinerator
Brother Captain

Troops
4 x Grey Knights w/ one Incinerator
Justicar

10 x Inquistorial StormTroopers
2 x PlasmaGuns

Veteran Squad
3 x Meltaguns
Chimera

Platoon Command
4 x Flamer

SquadA
Power Weapon
Melta
Commissar
Powerweapon

SquadB
Powerweapon

SquadC
Powerweapon

SquadD
Lascannon

HEavy Weapon Team
3 x Autocannons

Heavy
Leman Russ BT
Lascannon

Leman Russ BT
Lascannon

2 x Basilisk

That all comes out to a perfect 1850pts. I think i have enough troop choices to Capture&Hold and enough bodies to have cover for my more important things. I plan on combining the squads with the Powerweapons and moving them up with the PlatoonCommand ... Leaving the HeavyWeapon team and lascannon group behind with the Company Command to hold a gunline with the Basilisks

Also moving up will be the tanks giving cover to my Grey Knights and Stormtroopers.

I also have Marbo dropping in to take out anything that he may have shooting from afar and then my Termies to deal with anything big that i need to take out.

What do you guys think? Any advice, i know this guy likes his Daemon PRinces and Berserkers in Rhinos.. other than that, i am not sure what he is going to bring. So i think this list should cover me for the suprises he might have for me.

for more info on the campaign, check out:

http://hammertotheface.blogspot.com/

Jwolf
08-10-2009, 01:44 PM
You need some Chimeras. Buy Chimeras for your Guard and use them either to shelter Guard or transport Grey Knights around.

twomas_rox
08-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I wish i could. Being a family man, i am basically working with what i got. I was lucky enough to trade for this chimera that i have. SO do you think it will be better to put my Grey Knights in there or my vets?