PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point traitor Guard (W/ Miriael Sabathiel)

Necrosis
05-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Never played guard before so this if my first list.

HQ:
Miriael Sabathiel (Canoness) w/ Bolt Pistol, Daemon Weapon (Blessed Weapon), Banner of Chaos (Book of St. Lucius), Clock of Slaanesh (Clock of St. Aspira), Frag grenades, Mantle of Slaanesh (Mantle of Ophelia), Talisman of Slaanesh (Rosarius): 142

Company Command Squad w/ Lowen Tegget (Iron Hand Straken), las pistols, Medi-Pack, 2 Flamer, Astropath, Carapace, 2 body guards: 245.

Elites:
5 Storm Troopers w/ 2 melta guns, Airborne Assault: 105

Troops:
4x10 Veterans w/3 flamers and the rest are armed with shot guns: (340)85 each

Fast Attack:
Vendetta: 130
2x Vendetta: (260) 130 point each
2x Valkyries with rocket pods and heavy bolters: (280) 140 points each

Total: 1502

Tactics: Miriael Sabathiel (Canoness) will join Lowen Tegget (Iron Hand Straken) command squad. Making this a close combat unit. On the charge Miriael will get 4 S6 attacks at I5 re-rolling a miss. Then Lowen will get 4 S7 attacks with everyone else. They will deploy in a Vendetta (not sure which one). All the other troops will also enter in either a Valkyrie or a Vendetta. All Valkyrie and Vendetta will be outflanking. The Vendetta squad will focus fire on the heavies tanks, while the single Vendetta will crack open transports and other light tanks. Storm Troopers will deep strike behind heavy tanks and melta them. Valkyries will fire at infantry.

Theme/Fluff: This is supposed to be a Slaanesh traitor guard army. Here is a bit of fluff on the two characters:
http://www.emperorschildren.net/wiki/index.php?title=Characters:Mirial_Sabathial:THE_IN VITATION
Since this is a Slaanesh army I didn’t want to take any slow tanks. Slaanesh has always strike me as very fast. Thus that is why I have no Leman Russes and why every squad expect the storm troopers are in a Valkyrie. Storm Troopers can deep strike thus they can get to their target quickly. Thus it fits the Slaanesh and character theme.

Tynskel
05-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Fun! I would like to see conversions!

Necrosis
05-30-2010, 08:33 PM
When I get a job I will start. Until then I will just use vassal.