PDA

View Full Version : word bearers - what?

Legoklods
05-31-2010, 11:01 AM
so this is a fairly simple question.
why are the Word Bearers called Word Bearers?
What word... what is it?
I allways liked Logar best of all the traitors... he was right.

Gotthammer
05-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Formerly the word of the Emperor, now the word of the Chaos Gods.

Melissia
05-31-2010, 11:15 AM
The word of "defeat", which they claim they give to everyone else, but in reality they hold for themselves most of all.

Herald of Nurgle
05-31-2010, 11:47 AM
What is a man, but petulant mound of flesh?

What is a word, but a set of syllables given to a concept?

What is your question, for why is it ever appropriate?

Melissia
05-31-2010, 12:09 PM
What is a man, but petulant mound of flesh?
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!

eldargal
06-01-2010, 02:16 AM
I thought everybody knew that the bird was the Word.

What word... what is it?

RocketRollRebel
06-01-2010, 06:53 AM

Needs like button

gwensdad
06-01-2010, 07:26 AM

I thought Greece was the word.
(It's got groove, it's got meaning )

Old_Paladin
06-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Don't they actually bear the Words of Lorgar?

Either Lorgar words of the Holy Emperor, or now Lorgars five Words of chaos?

Kelbor hal
06-30-2010, 09:49 AM
The word of "defeat", which they claim they give to everyone else, but in reality they hold for themselves most of all.

This is unfortunate, but true.

Melissia
06-30-2010, 10:04 AM
This is unfortunate, but true.

Hardly... if you think the Imperium is a religious extremist faction right now, it'd be MUCH worse if they collectively worshipped Chaos. Impaling people on spikes to let the blood flow down to fill pits in honor of the blood god, raping children and eating/sexing/drugging/torturing yourself to death in honor of the prince(ess) of excess, entire worlds given over to rot and disease in the name of papa nurgle, and worlds swept into complete and utter civil war in the name of the changer of ways (plots within plots, betrayal within betrayal).

And that's just the worlds fortunate enough not to become daemonworlds. Those worlds would become living, ever-changing hells the likes of which we cannot really imagine, but Codex: Chaos Daemons gives a nice overview of some of the parts of these worlds which one can think about while remaining sane.

Kelbor hal
06-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Hardly... if you think the Imperium is a religious extremist faction right now, it'd be MUCH worse if they collectively worshipped Chaos. Impaling people on spikes to let the blood flow down to fill pits in honor of the blood god, raping children and eating/sexing/drugging yourself to death in honor of the prince(ess) of pleasure, entire worlds given over to rot and disease in the name of papa nurgle, and worlds swept into complete and utter civil war in the name of the changer of ways (plots within plots, betrayal within betrayal).

And that's just the worlds fortunate enough not to become daemonworlds. Those worlds would become living, ever-changing hells the likes of which we cannot really imagine, but Codex: Chaos Daemons gives a nice overview of some of the parts of these worlds which one can think about while remaining sane.

I believe I have just been outwitted.

Melissa-1, Hal-0 :D

~ Hal.

thelonegrif
06-30-2010, 11:49 AM
this thread makes wish they would bring legion rules back just not as OP as they were before

mr1029384756
09-20-2010, 03:53 AM
Wasn't Lorgar some kind of religious nut BEFORE the Emperor came to him? After all, he was battling 'the Covanant', right?

Legoklods
09-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Wasn't Lorgar some kind of religious nut BEFORE the Emperor came to him? After all, he was battling 'the Covanant', right?

Yes he was. He had just won a religious civil war when the emperor and magnus the red arrived, telling him there was no such thing as gods:eek:

(OH SNAP)