PDA

View Full Version : 2500 pts Imperial Guard

Lord General Xi Lutor
08-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Here is the list my buddy and I came up with this afternoon after a game of Orks vs IG. My list was slightly different than this one.

HQ
Commisar Yarrick

Elites
Techpriest
2x Servitors
1x Gun Servitor HB

Techpriest
2x Servitors
1x Gun Servitor HB

Troops
Veteran Squad
3x Meltas
Chimera
HB HHB

Veteran Squad
3x Meltas
Chimera
HB HHB

Veteran Squad
3x Meltas
Chimera
HB HHB

Veteran Squad
3x Meltas
Chimera
HB HHB

Fast Attack
Hellhound
HHB

Hellhound
HHB

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Squadron
Leman Russ Battle Tank
HHB Sponson HB

Leman Russ Battle Tank
HHB Sponson HB

Leman Russ Battle Tank
HHB Sponson HB

Leman Russ Squadron
Leman Russ Executioner
HLC Sponson PC
Knight Commander Pask

Leman Russ Demolisher
HLC Sponson PC

Leman Russ Demolisher
HLC Sponson PC

Thoughts being that the Russes form a solid line of shooty death, which is protected by the Hellhounds and the Vets in Chimeras. By fourth turn, the Vets make a scramble for objectives. The Techpriests can sit back and repair tanks as necessary, with the gun servitors can blast any enemy getting too close. Yarrick is included in one of the Vet squads.

C&C?

Chumbalaya
08-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Commisar Yarrick

What purpose does he serve? He's expensive, easy to knock down and not even that good in combat.

Elites
Techpriest
2x Servitors
1x Gun Servitor HB

Techpriest
2x Servitors
1x Gun Servitor HB

You won't be fixing any immobilized Russes because of squadron rules.

Troops
Veteran Squad
3x Meltas
Chimera
HB HHB

Veteran Squad
3x Meltas
Chimera
HB HHB

Veteran Squad
3x Meltas
Chimera
HB HHB

Veteran Squad
3x Meltas
Chimera
HB HHB

ML/HF, HBs really aren't that good. Solid Troop picks.

Fast Attack
Hellhound
HHB

Hellhound
HHB

Go MM for versaility, though I prefer a DD with HHF.

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Squadron
Leman Russ Battle Tank
HHB Sponson HB

Leman Russ Battle Tank
HHB Sponson HB

Leman Russ Battle Tank
HHB Sponson HB

All those HBs, so many points for so ineffectual a weapon. Squadrons suck btw, forcing you to fire at the same target and blowing up to immobilized.

Leman Russ Squadron
Leman Russ Executioner
HLC Sponson PC
Knight Commander Pask

Leman Russ Demolisher
HLC Sponson PC

Leman Russ Demolisher
HLC Sponson PC

HLC is crap, 15 points for a single shot that isn't even a good tank buster? Squadron fail again, though Demos and Execs work wonderfully. You could drop the 1st set and split these.

Thoughts being that the Russes form a solid line of shooty death, which is protected by the Hellhounds and the Vets in Chimeras. By fourth turn, the Vets make a scramble for objectives. The Techpriests can sit back and repair tanks as necessary, with the gun servitors can blast any enemy getting too close. Yarrick is included in one of the Vet squads.

C&C?

6 Russes sounds nice, but when krak missiles are gunning them down or single combats destroy all 3 you'll see how bad it is. You can't even split fire. Vets need to get up close and personal with those meltas. Drop the first squadron, split your last 3, keep the Hellhounds or swap for Bane Wolves (once the transports blow, use flamers to roast the former occupants) and toss in some Vendettas to help blow up armor from afar (light armor, they won't worry AV14 too much). Instead of Yarrick, pick up a CCS (another Vet squad, with advisors) and an =][= Lord with Mystics and such to sit next to your doom tanks.

Darkwynn
08-11-2009, 07:44 AM
if you really want to do squadrons I found they work very well in groups of two. Three its too much fire power on one unit and if one of them dies its not to big of a deal.

Also its a lot easier to protect squadrons of two instead of three.

Lord General Xi Lutor
08-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I've played the list, it works fairly well. Yarrick makes the unit he is in Fearless, which is awesome.