PDA

View Full Version : Ork KillKopta Force - 1500 points(ish)

SotonShades
06-02-2010, 01:12 PM
I've been working on the idea of an Ork Warboss mounted on a massive Deffkopta, and using rules similar to the ones in IA8 for Zhadsnark 'Da Rippa', Evil Sunz Biker Boss. Basicly, while being a really cool character in his own right, he would also allow you to take units of at least 3 Deffkoptas as troops, allow any unit that can take a Trukk as a transport to take a Warkopta instead, but stopping you from being able to take any vehicles that aren't Fast.

While I haven't quite figured out points costs (based on other characters I was thinking around 180 points), and only looking at basic estimate for unit costs, here is what I think would make a fun, very background oriented 1500 point list

(all units have standard equipment except for what is stated)

HQ
Deffkopta Warboss (as described above)
Twin-linked Dakkaguns, Blunda Kannon

Big Mek (joins the Nobz)
Kustom Force Field

Elites
Nobz unit (9 Nobz)
Some Big Choppas, Possibly a PowaKlaw or two
Warkopta
Twin-linked Rattler Kannon

Troops
Boyz (10)
Nob with PowaKlaw
Warkopta

Boyz (10)
Nob with PowaKlaw
Warkopta

3 Deffkoptas with twin-linked big shootas
maybe some bombs/buzzsaws

3 Deffkoptas with twin-linked big shootas

4 Deffkoptas with twin-linked Rokkit Launchas

5 Deffkoptas with twin-linked Rokkit Launchas

Alternatively, some combination of the above Deffkoptas.

While this army has the huge potential for late game objective grabbing, it is only something like 48 models, so could potentially be quite fragile (despite having a lot of T5 models)

As for the Blunda Kannon, just something my friends and I thought would be a laugh. Single shot weapon which can be fired in addition to the Dakkaguns, S7 AP3, Fires the tear-drop template like a hellhound's flame cannon with a maximum reange of 24".

Again this is all quite up in the air, very rough rough estimates. What do you guys think, especially with regards to the combination of Deffkoptas (limited to 15)

Tynskel
06-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I think it is a great start.

Some other things: Commandos and Storm Boyz--- a l33t force like this one should probably have commandos- who call in the Cavalry (by making lots of noise!), and Stormboyz flying in from high flying Warkoptas.

SotonShades
06-03-2010, 02:25 AM
They were my exact plans for expanding this list to around 2000 points; that and maybe adding a further Boys squad in a trukk (I have a converted waveserpent called 'Da Floaty Trukk... would fit in quite well with this force)