PDA

View Full Version : SW for 'Ard Boyz Semi's

Chexmix282
06-02-2010, 02:19 PM
A semi-Razorspam approach, although i have more firepower i have less overall resilience and redundancy than a typical Razorspam list. The only thing that i had trouble with at the preliminaries was Land Raiders, so i tossed in some MM/HF speeders to get some Melta on the field without needing to disembark my valuable scoring units.

any ideas on how to make this list more effective and/or more efficient? It obviously relies on Bjorn giving me first turn, and from there i cripple my opponent's mechanized elements before they can move. The only army that gives me trouble is Daemons (assuming my opponent has good luck), but i don't expect to see much of them at the Semi's.

HQ
Bjorn the Fell-Handed 290
-Twin-Linked Lascannon

Rune Priest 110
-Living Lightning, Stormcaller, Chooser of the Slain

Elites
Dreadnought 125
-2 Twin-Linked Autocannons

Dreadnought 125

Troops
5 Grey Hunters 155
-Meltagun, Razorback w/ TL Lascannon

5 Grey Hunters 155
-Meltagun, Razorback w/ TL Lascannon

5 Grey Hunters 155
-Meltagun, Razorback w/ Lascannon/Twin-Linked Plasmagun

5 Grey Hunters 155

5 Grey Hunters 155

5 Grey Hunters 155

Fast Attack
2 Land Speeder Typhoons 180

2 Land Speeder Typhoons 180

2 Land Speeders 140
-Multi-Melta & Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support
6 Long Fangs 140
-5 Missile Launchers

6 Long Fangs 140
-5 Missile Launchers

6 Long Fangs 140
-5 Missile Launchers

Hugz4Genestealers
06-02-2010, 02:32 PM
You're up in Olympia, you say? I take it you'll be going to the Olympia semi round then... I'll be heading up there myself on the 12th, would be interesting to play this list. Watch out for the Tyranid player with all the Genestealers and Trygons.

Chexmix282
06-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Yup, i'm playing at Olympic Cards and Comics for the Semis. I'll keep an eye out for you then :P

I have yet to play against 'Nids with this particular list, although i must say that I'm not too worried about them. Trygons/MC's I can deal with, its hordes that I'm concerned about (although 23 Frag Missiles generally helps with that lol).

Hugz4Genestealers
06-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Yeah, my preferred response to Devy squads(and their SW equivalents) are deep-striking genestealers that get to move and assault the turn they come in. On the other hand, I'm not sure you have enough lascannons in that army...

Chexmix282
06-03-2010, 09:24 AM
On the other hand, I'm not sure you have enough lascannons in that army...

Thats kinda what i'm thinking, but i'm not really sure where i can put more... my Long Fangs are staying as Missile Launchers because its 15 more points per model for Lascannons, making the unit 215 instead of 140. Although i suppose just one unit with Lascannons wouldnt hurt... i think i'll try this out.

Hugz4Genestealers
06-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Well, you could try to mix and match the long fang squads, throw in a couple lascannons each while saving most of the launchers?

Tynskel
06-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I think the 2 Twin-Linked Lascannon Razorbacks should be switched to 2 Twin-Linked Assault Cannons. They have better tank hunting ability (other than the range), and will munch infantry too.

Otherwise, the list looks scary to me!

Chexmix282
06-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I like that idea... I've never used TL Assault Cannon Razorbacks before but I'll give them a shot. Any ideas on what to cut for more Lascannons?

Tynskel
06-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Here's the thing- I wouldn't mess with your troops other than to take rhinos- however, for every rhino you take, you lose a lascannon and a Plasma Rifle. This doesn't fix your problem.

Typhoons are expensive, but awesome. You might want to think about changing them to Mulit-Meltas, freeing up 120 Points. That should be enough for lascannons.

Another Option:
Change the 4 Typhoons to:

120 Land Speeder Squadron
2 Land Speeders, 4 Hv Bolters
160 Land Speeder Squadron
2 Land Speeders, 4 Multi-Meltas

This frees up 80 points. That'll give you 5 Lascannons. Hv Bolter Speeders are just fun- move 6" and fire 12 Hv Bolter Shots. Not bad.

Chexmix282
06-04-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm not a fan of Heavy Bolters on the Speeders, as that role can easily be fufilled by other things (such as my Dreadnoughts). What i need is Melta and Lascannons...

Maybe i can run 3 units of MM/HF Speeders, freeing up the 80 points necessary to give one squad of Long Fangs Lascannons.

The list would then look like this:

HQ
Bjorn the Fell-Handed 290
-Twin-Linked Lascannon

Rune Priest 115
-Living Lightning, Stormcaller, Chooser of the Slain, Wolf Tail Talisman

Elites
Dreadnought 125

Dreadnought 125

Troops
5 Grey Hunters 155
-Meltagun, Razorback w/ TL Assault Cannon

5 Grey Hunters 155
-Meltagun, Razorback w/ TL Assault Cannon

5 Grey Hunters 155

5 Grey Hunters 155

5 Grey Hunters 155

5 Grey Hunters 155

Fast Attack
2 Land Speeders 140

2 Land Speeders 140

2 Land Speeders 140

Heavy Support
6 Long Fangs 140
-5 Missile Launchers

6 Long Fangs 140
-5 Missile Launchers

6 Long Fangs 215
-5 Lascannons

I think that the additional Multi-Meltas and Heavy Flamers will help considerably against heavy armor spam builds and horde armies alike. Thoughts on this change?