PDA

View Full Version : 2k eldar ghost warrior army (critique kudasai)

dvs1
06-05-2010, 06:32 AM
HQ
Farseer w/ doom, fortune, ROW, SS
x7 warlocks w/ witchblades, x3 destructor, embolden, enhance
wave serpent w/ TL shuriken cannons

Elites
x8 harlies w/ shadowseer, x2 fusion pistols, x8 kisses

x10 wraithguard w/ spiritseer- conceal

x5 wraithguard w/ warlock- enhance/conceal?
wave serpent w/ TL shuriken cannons

Troops
x5 rangers

x5 rangers

Heavy support
x2 wraithlord w/ WS, shuriken cannon, twin flamers

I'm missing just under 200 pts and was wondering what hq would fit well with this type of army. Originally, jain zar or perhaps yriel would accompany the mounted wraithguard while they perform their suicide run towards the biggest threat. Since wraithguard suffer in hth, a decent character should give it enough punch to warrant second thoughts. The rangers stay in reserve (and alive) until i have to bring them in via outflank or normal reserve bee lining for the objectives. The big wraithguard squad marches up the middle along with their two big brothers forming my mini wraithbone wall. harlies stick to the sides or behind to counter assault anything that tries to bog the wraithguard down. Perhaps an avatar as my second hq would be worth it just to field another monstrous creature. I know WS's on the wraithlords isn't that smart, but i love the swords to much to let em go. Seer council acts as a mobile reserve going where needed, usually backing up the mounted WG. I realize fire dragons are cheaper, but this is a heavily themed list with no aspects. :(
Other than the small issue of this army having a majority range of 12", what other issues can you see? I'm hoping all those MC will help with AT, as well as all the witchblades going around the army. Anti horde is delegated to the wraithlords, harlies, and destuctorlocks. Keep in mind this isn't supposed to be an end all list, just something fluffy and somewhat competitive.

Cyndr
06-05-2010, 07:22 AM
One thing that I do see is that you have your Wraithguard x10 w/spiritseer lock listed as an elites choice. That actually meets the criteria to make it a troop choice, and thus one more scoring unit on the board. Congrats, you didn't even have to do anything and your army is improved. :D

As far as the question mark next to conceal on the second group of Wraithguard... I personally stick with conceal. It generally helps out more considering the range, and especially since you are already planning on backing them up with harlies and lords. (Lords with swords are great backup. I don't question that piece of equipment in the slightest.)

If you are concerned with AT ability, you could always go with TL-Bright Lances on the serpents, and a lance on the lords if you are feeling frisky, and since you have the extra points, I don't see why not. Maybe even upgrade the TL-Shuricats to Cannons? Although you could also take a squad of guardians to help out with the number of troops you have in your army. Just remember that you can blow up as much as you want, but if you can't stick something on an objective, you can't win.