PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Shadowseer Rules

whitestar333
06-05-2010, 08:27 AM
So I'm working on a campaign at my FLGS and as a Harlequin player, I'm participating as a 'floating' party between the two sides. We decided that each player can't play with special characters unless they made up homebrew rules for them and we all voted on them (so nothing overly cheesy).

At any rate, I decided to look through the old 2nd edition Eldar codex along with the old Harlequin codex (circa 2000), in combination with the current Eldar codex to come up with rules for a new HQ choice befitting my army, the Shadowseer! I always loved the idea of Shadowseers and I was a bit sad to see them relegated to a unit upgrade character instead of an HQ choice, so I decided to beef them up a bit using some of the older rules:

Shadowseers of Belac Tannedi - "The Path of the Ghost Colors" 90 pts
The Shadowseer plays the roles of fate and fortune, and is said to know the doom of all his companions, even the Great Harlequin. Shadowseers are powerful psykers, and their abilities are every bit as great as the Farseers of the Craftworlds. All Harlequins wear a face mask, but that of the Shadowseer is uniquely blank and smooth. It is claimed that anyone who looks into the face of a Shadwoseer sees a different face, often his own face in some future or alternate time.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
6 5 3 3 3 6 3 10 5+*

Special Rules:
Fleet, Independent Character, Flip Belts, Dance of Death, Psyker, Hallucinogen Grenades

Wargear:
Holo-suit*, Close Combat Weapon, Shuriken Pistol

Psychic Powers:
Veil of Tears, Misdirection (see below)

Can take the following wargear from Codex: Eldar
Spirit Stones 20 pts
Harlequins Kiss (replaces close combat weapon) 5 pts
Fusion Pistol (replaces shuriken pistol) 10 pts
Domino Field (see below) 30 pts

Can take the following psychic powers from Codex: Eldar
Doom 25 pts
Fortune 30 pts
Guide 20 pts

Misdirection: The Shadowseer reaches into the minds of the enemy, baffling them with psychic messages. This psychic power is used at the start of the enemy’s assault phase and lasts until the start of the next Eldar turn. Any enemy unit wishing to charge the Shadowseer or unit they are with must first pass a Leadership test on 3D6. If the test is failed, the enemy unit has been misdirected and may not make an assault move that turn.

Domino Field:
A Domino Field, or D-field as it is commonly known, creates an even more complex distortion pattern than a normal Harelquin holo-suit, shattering the wearer’s image into a cloud of blindingly bright shards of multi-coloured light. A model wearing a D-field is granted a 4+ cover save in the open, but there is no additional benefit if the model is already in cover. In addition, any enemy attacking the model in close combat always needs a roll of a six to hit, regardless of the models’ comparative weapon skills. If the enemy has a fixed to hit roll which is not affected by Weapon Skill (Khârn the Betrayer, for example) then roll a D6. On a roll of 1-3 they are affected by the d-field and need sixes, on 4-6 they are unaffected and use their normal to hit roll.

What do you think? Many of these rules are straight out of the old harlequin codex with some minor tweaks. I also combined some of the Farseer abilities because in 2nd edition, a Shadowseer could take all the same psychic powers, but should have some which are unique to Farseers.