PDA

View Full Version : The chapters Due- new wargear

Grailkeeper
06-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Just finished the latest Graham McNeill novel- it was ok but not amazing. One thing I did notice that seemed strange was he seemed to have made a point of mentioning every new addition to the latest codex space marines- but just once.

Pretty much every character shows up, albeit in some cases in a very very limited role- for example chronus is pretty much limited to- chronus was there and was good at tanks. Telion gets mentioned a few times, but little more than Telion was there and he was good at scouting.

There's a load of references to the assault on black reach.

Thunder fire, landspeeder storms the lot get mentioned. teh only ones I couldn't find were the newest veterans- presumably because the veteran units have already been introduced?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, or maybe Graham McNeill was playing a game with himself to see if he could mention all the new stuff

Lucidum
07-04-2010, 11:59 PM
*sigh* sometimes it does seem like authors try to shoehorn new material into a book just to fit with codex updates or new rules or whatnot. It's kinda a shame, i would've liked to see a more elaborate or creative approach to adding such things into a story.

Gotthammer
07-05-2010, 12:33 AM
*sigh* sometimes it does seem like EDITORS try to shoehorn new material into a book just to fit with codex updates or new rules or whatnot.

Though, yes, in some cases the author may do it, but since McNiell hasn't really shown a tendancy to do so I'm guessing editorial interference.