PDA

View Full Version : Most useful Units?

Emperorsmercy
08-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Every Army has some kind of trick unit, one that is their favourite and the best at dealing out death on the tabletop.

In my Imperial Guard Army it is my Leman Russ Punisher unit, which can deal out 60 strength 5 shots a turn. Able to eliminate Hordes and small elite armies at the same time. My other squads are just a bonus! :D

What is your favourtie unit? It doesn't just have to be for gaming, but for painting and modeling too.

Dan-e
08-11-2009, 12:17 PM
As a Necron player i have only one responce really... anything with the word "Destroyer" in the name. For my Space Marines, Landraider.

Astrothumps
08-11-2009, 12:34 PM
For Sisters its gotta be the Exorcists.

It could possibly be the best tank buster in the game for any unit under 14 armor. Also its the best obliterator or termie killer too.

Aldramelech
08-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Hvy Bolters and Mortars, essential for any Guard army

Aegis
08-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Personally, I am kind of fond of taking an Immolator with twin-linked heavy bolters and blessed ammunition. With the amount of cover saves wandering around these days, the ability to ignore them is golden.

Though, have to agree with the Exorcist. That thing munches through heavy infantry and vehicles alike... MY friend who plays Eldar hates when I target my two Exxo's at his wraithlord or warwalkers...

Drunkencorgimaster
08-11-2009, 02:47 PM
The basic space marine tactical squad. Give 'em a heavy weapon, put 'em in a rhino and you have a very powerful, mobile, effective, and scoring unit.

Magos
08-11-2009, 04:15 PM
For me, I gotta say its my Leman Russ Executioner. I got insanely lucky and phased out a Necron Player on Turn 3 with that thing

blueshift
08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I have been playing orks a lot as of late, and I must say the combo of 3 wartrukks is amazing, as they almost always find their target. I usually carry 8 cybork nobz in one, 11 orks and a warboss in another, and 10 orks with a mega-armored warboss in the last.

when these 3 squads hit at the same time, it usually spells curtains for 3 squads in a turn.

the_killer23
08-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Every Army has some kind of trick unit, one that is their favourite and the best at dealing out death on the tabletop.

In my Imperial Guard Army it is my Leman Russ Punisher unit, which can deal out 60 strength 5 shots a turn. Able to eliminate Hordes and small elite armies at the same time. My other squads are just a bonus! :D

What is your favourtie unit? It doesn't just have to be for gaming, but for painting and modeling too.

Vs MEQs - 30 hits - 20 wounds - 6.66 dead marines

My single LRBT kills more than that in a single shot.

johnny_trash
08-12-2009, 07:22 PM
In Black Templar, 20 man Crusader squad with attached Reclusium Command Squad. FTW.

or.......Land Raider Crusaders with Assault Terminators.

ZenPaladin
08-13-2009, 01:30 PM
I play Cron's and Tau so I don't have any Super Units par say....

But for most Useful I'll go Lord with Veil for the Crons. The added mobility is awesome for many tricks.

And

Pathfinders. Yeah they are fragile but the markerlights tie together the whole army. And the rail rifles make Marines squirm.

BuFFo
08-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Psyker Battle Squad. Love it's power and versatility.

DuskRaider
08-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Plague Marines. 110%

Danno
08-13-2009, 10:02 PM
I'd have to agree that a tac squad in a rhino is a very useful unit. For my Necrons I'd have to go with Immortals, lots of shots and survivability.

BlacknightIII
08-13-2009, 10:08 PM
My veteran squad in my IG army, not only do they look like Helghast but they held an objective after winning an assault by a chaos sorcerer and 2 obliterators, my opponent was not happy. :)

vman
08-14-2009, 02:40 AM
For eldar i would say farseers are great as are fire dragons. Actually, every unit just about has its purpose so i love all of them.

CSM i love Nurgle Marines.

IG... Leman Russ

EmperorEternalXIX
08-14-2009, 11:48 AM
I have a squad of assault terminators -- 5 hammers, 2 claws. Dominates every game.

The trick is, they have a really useful ability to take fire. I don't even use a land raider, I walk them up the board, letting them take all the heat. They almost always take out multiple units even when they are weakened. My last game was against the nids and they claimed double their points in carnifex meat, hehe.

Since adding this unit to my army I've found that zen place where my list sits in perfect concert with the units I use, and their absorption of that fire makes the entire rest of the army twice as viable and effective.

Conversely I have one lascannon named "lucky" who just sucks to an epic degree. Even with the dev sergeant's auspex, Lucky rolls 1s to hit or 1s to pen every. single. time. /sigh

Dingareth
08-14-2009, 12:06 PM
My Sternguard. They consistently Drop Pod in and blow up a tank or two before moving on to beat back some infantry, then run up and claim an objective on the last turn.

Gorin
08-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Tau Stealth Suits and firewarriors geared for Fish of Fury for the sheer amount of firepower they can put out, and Hammerheads for their flexible railgun.

Erazoender
08-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Gaunts + Without number.

It's hilarious to see how many people focus fire on them and ignoring my MC. Then the looks on their faces are priceless.

Flummer
08-15-2009, 11:00 PM
The ones that I keep making the saves for.

jimbobjeff
08-16-2009, 06:46 AM
Epidemius in my nurgle daemon army, everyone always concentrates on killing the 3 daemon princes and the great unclean one that I drop right next to them, the trouble is, by the time they have killed them off the tally is usually at 20, and when nurglings are eating carnifxes, avatars, marneus calgar etc the game is pretty much over.