PDA

View Full Version : BA 1750 (any pointers)

Brotherjames
06-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Feel free to make suggestions this army handles everything pretty well but landraiders lol

-HQ-
Captain - Infer pis, pwr axe - 130

-Elite-
Furioso - Frag Cann, Magna Grapple - 145
Sanguinary Priest - termie armr - 85
Corbulo - 105
7 Assualt Termies - 5 L. claws, 2 T hammer and S.S. - 290

-Fast-
Baal pred - Flamestorm, hvy flmr sponsons - 135
3 Scout bikes - cluster mines, Astartes G. launcher - 90

-Heavy-
Vindicator - 145
5 man Dev squad - 2 plasma cannons, 2 Hvy B's - 135

-Troops-
5 man Assualt troops - attached razorback with las cannons, pwr swrd, hand flmr, Infer pis - 195
6 Scouts - 5 sniper rifles, 1 missle - 98
10 man Tac squad - Pwr fist, Hvy b, flamer - 195

= 1748

Corbulo with the assualt troops and the other S. priest with the termies and the captain hangs out with the dev squad incase some one closes in

06-14-2010, 03:19 PM
I've been toying with the idea of a small squad of Devastators in a Blood Angels list as well. I like the idea a lot, but I don't think putting a captain with them is the greatest use of your characters. Personally, I would put Corbulo with the Devastators putting an extra two wounds into the unit and offering them feel no pain. This increases their survivability quite a lot, especially if you're taking wounds that are not str 8 and/or AP 1 or 2. Your captain's setup also doesn't support the Devs very well in that he's more of a close combat character than a shooting character; specifically, you equipped him with an Infernus Pistol (which is only 6" range) and a power weapon.

One approach to characters that I've seen and really like is a single librarian equipped in Terminator Armour and with a Storm Shield. I don't recall the total points off the top of my head, but I think it's about 140 points or so and provides with a durable, 1 psychic power/turn, psychic-hood toting character. This is only 10 points more than your captain who doesn't seem to have found his place.

In terms of your scouts, I find that the sniper rifles and missile launcher is always a huge disappointment, though your mileage may vary. I'd suggest picking up something else. Notably, for 2 points more, you can have a 5-man Assault Squad in a drop pod without upgrades. Much less shooty, but they have mobility and are an okay supporting assault squad.

Otherwise, your terminators are going to be really slow, unless they intend on teleporting in. Honestly, I might recommend swapping both of your Fast Attack choices and be really close to a Land Raider Redeemer without upgrades. Certainly, this would require you drop a couple of terminators, but again, it all depends on how you intend on deploying them. Keeping that Sang Priest in Term Armour in the Land Raider creates a really large bubble to spread Furious Assault and Feel No Pain. This comes down to your personal preference, however. If you do decide to keep your Fast Attack choices the same, it appears as though you're 5 points off of what your Baal Predator should cost. With Heavy Flamer sponsons, it would add up to 140 points, not 135.

Anyways, sorry for the lengthy reply, but hopefully it helps! :)

Brotherjames
06-15-2010, 04:23 AM
the main reason for the scouts was lack of figures when i started playing last september i had no idea what to buy or how the units worked. i plan on dropping them and adjusting the captain or putting him with the A marines in the razorback. For me the scout bikes have always preformed well and Corbulo has been a cc monster but i see it makes sense to keep the devs around a little longer. Is it me or are BA devs cheaper than SM devs?

06-15-2010, 11:23 AM
BA Devs have cheaper weapon options than Vanilla marines for some reason...