PDA

View Full Version : Badge Questions and more.

Flummer
06-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Let me just say that I am so stoked about BolsCon. I have been playing 40k for five years now and this will be my first convention.

Anyway, I have already purchased my badge for BolsCon and my tournament entry fee for the pairs tourny. At this point, do I get something in the mail or will I just pick it up when I get there?

Next, how late will the event be going on Thursday? We plan to leave Missouri at 8am Thursday and with any luck get there at 8pm.(12hours woot!)

Finally, I keep reading about list entries are due before we arrive. Is this true and where and when do we send them in?

Thanks Mike.

Jwolf
06-14-2010, 12:42 PM
I'll post on list submission this week, with email addresses.

All badges and copies of lists will be available to you at the registration / sign-in desk.

Thursday will go pretty late; you will at least get to get in on the end of things coming in at 8pm (doors close at 11:45).

xanoasucy
06-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Soooo if a buddy of mine bought our badges with his paypal account I assume someone will have that on file and have our badges when we get there? Will you find us with his paypal account? Or is there like a purchase number we should have?

More details would be nice.

xanoasucy
06-29-2010, 07:14 AM
An answer would really be appreciated...

Jwolf
06-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Sorry, somehow you first question did not appear for me. Yes, badges are at the door at check-in. This lets us get an accurate headcount, as some people will not show up at the last minute, for whatever reason.

xanoasucy
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Sorry, somehow you first question did not appear for me. Yes, badges are at the door at check-in. This lets us get an accurate headcount, as some people will not show up at the last minute, for whatever reason.

Yes that is understood but will you find us with his paypal account? Or is there like a purchase number we should have? Because he bought my badge through HIS account meaning I didn't register to buy the badge. So more details would really be appreciated.

Jwolf
07-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Yes that is understood but will you find us with his paypal account? Or is there like a purchase number we should have? Because he bought my badge through HIS account meaning I didn't register to buy the badge. So more details would really be appreciated.

If a player bought badges for more than one person, I have already emailed them to get the names of the other people for whom they purchased badges. If they haven't responded by next Monday, I'll email them again (and again, until the week of the tournament).

If I have a person who has not responded to that email at convention time. I will have a note with their badge at the door, and get the information needed to register whomever else needs registration. The system worked perfectly last year, and the same people will be working the door this year, so I expect it to work just fine this time as well.

Wildeyedjester
07-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Have any email confirmations or player lists been sent? I haven't received anything from bols since I paid a few months ago. I mentioned the lists deadline to a friend and he was glad as he thought an email would be sent if there was a deadline. I just want to make sure everything on my end is in order and I haen't missed any emails.

Jwolf
07-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Have any email confirmations or player lists been sent? I haven't received anything from bols since I paid a few months ago. I mentioned the lists deadline to a friend and he was glad as he thought an email would be sent if there was a deadline. I just want to make sure everything on my end is in order and I haen't missed any emails.

Everything is in order. I'll be sending emails about lsits this week, and extended the deadline to July 15th. I apologize for slacking on getting emails out to players.