PDA

View Full Version : Which Hordes faction are you most excited about?

CrashTestDummy
06-14-2010, 01:48 PM
With the new Warmachine releases winding down, and Hordes about to ramp up, what armies are people looking at to play? Minions to me looks the most interesting. After seeing the farrow warlock and warbeast/jack I'm hooked! While it's probably hopeful wishing, I would really like to see a gobber caster, maybe something similar to the coven where there are 8-10 of them and they each provide one fury. Each time one dies, they lose a fury overall.

I played my first game against Hordes in Mark II two weekends ago in a tournament and I forgot how much I like the system. The transfer mechanic specifically, since if you have 1 furry on you it doesn't mean the game will necessarily end because of one small goof up. Yes, you pay a price and will probably have a lot of damage done to a warbeast through the transfer, but the game wont end immediately. In the tournament, I was getting beat pretty bad by an eFeora player, but ended up one shotting her with Seige's Rocket Gun, or as people at the store call it, the Man Cannon. I was not able to pull of the same one hit wonder shot against Hordes, and I liked it. I feel like the game becomes a little more tactical when killing the caster isn't a guarantee from one shot.

BlacknightIII
06-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Im finishing up a small Khador force and then I am moving on to a small Circle force.

scadugenga
06-14-2010, 05:27 PM
I've been a Cirlce fan through and through, because Kromac looks that awesome.

Though the new Wold Guardian looks so massive I might have to brush up on Baldur...

Herr Wiggles
06-15-2010, 12:20 AM
I was going to go skorne after I finished my protectorate, but after seeing Gunnbjorn, I may choose trolls instead.

Hjelmen
06-15-2010, 04:43 AM
Well, the Legion of Everblight was my first faction, and despite the changes to that faction's playstyle, I am still excited to see how they end up. I have an unhealthy fixation with theme lists, so especially the forthcoming theme lists have me chomping at the bit for the faction book.
I was/am still massively excited for the new minions, but with the Cryx theme lists, I don't think I will have the money to start playing them.

But most of all, I am looking forward to real stat cards!