PDA

View Full Version : New SM player needs comments on a 1750 Ultramarines list

BigRedOne82
06-14-2010, 10:25 PM
So, I'm a longtime 40K player (15+ years now), but pretty much all of my experience is with Chaos Marines of one kind of another. It's starting to get a little old, so I figured I'd break out some of the miniatures I have laying around and try an Ultramarines army (since I already have a few squads painted up blue). Here's what I've got so far:

Sicarius = 200
Tigurius = 230
MM/HF Dread in Pod w/ Beacon = 160
MM/HF Dread in Pod w/ Beacon = 160
5xSternguard w/ PW Sgt, 2xMelta, 2xCombi-melta in Pod = 195
10xMarines w/ PW Sgt, Flamer, PC in Rhino = 225
10xMarines w/ PW Sgt, Flamer, PC in Rhino = 225
5xScouts w/ HB = 85
MM/HF Landspeeder = 70
8xDevastators w/ 4xML = 198
TOTAL = 1748

I figure that I'll drop the two Dreads in on Turn 1 to disrupt my opponent and hopefully pop a tank or two--maybe even tarpit some troops in CC if they survive. Tigurius will stay in Reserve with the Sternguard so that he can contribute to their firepower and give them the 5+ I save when they attack; the Landspeeder will also stay in reserve to react to any threats. The Tacs will combat squad to form a gunline with the PC squads and the Devastators, while Sicarius will ride in one of the Rhinos with the PW Sgt squads. They can attack the objectives or counterattack any threats to my gunline. I guess I wouldn't combat squad in a KP mission, which leaves me wondering what I'd do with Sicarius--maybe combat squad one of the Tacs so he can ride with the PW Sgt and Flamer squad.