PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 8th Edition!

Gooball
06-15-2010, 02:32 PM
So, black box was out today, played a small intro game myself with some of the rules and got a look at quite a lot of the magic.
Among the most awesome is the charging. Add 2d6 to your base movement, 16 inch charge infantry..
Discuss?
Yes, discuss!

Mike X
06-15-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't play WFB, but I went to my LGS tonight (it's 40K night) and they had received their store copy of WFB 8th edition earlier this afternoon, and holy mother of bejezus is it one massive book.

I only took a quick scan through it, but I think WFB players will be quite pleased with the contents... but I have no idea what they'll think of the rules, since I know nothing about them.

TheBitzBarn
06-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Rules are good so far

RocketRollRebel
06-15-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm doin a dance

Kieranator K82
06-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Come on everyone it's Dancing Time!

CitizenZero
06-16-2010, 12:52 AM
I am super excited. I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition...but may end up pre-ordering the regular version as well. After spending an hour or so finally with the hardcover today, I see myself referencing the extra stuff much more than I anticipated...which is a good thing! :)

Stukovkh
06-18-2010, 03:44 PM
I like this thread :)

BuFFo
06-19-2010, 01:07 AM
So it seems that the game has not changed in the way that I would have hoped it would have changed, so that I could get back into the game....

As long as the Objectives are just an extension of Victory Points, like how 40k 4th edition was, the game will just be a no brainer power gaming mess.

40k 5th edition got it right with requiring players to shy away from elite armies and actually care about using strategy and tactics to take and hold Objectives.

I was hoping Fantasy would have followed suit, but I don't see anything changing in Fantasy as far as power gaming, steam rolling lists are concerned.

It is just my opinion as to what I want in a game, and it seems I will have to hold off on buying my old Ogre Kingdoms army until they get the game right in 9th edition.

j-orge-287
06-19-2010, 09:18 AM
magic is best :P