PDA

View Full Version : Genestealer Cult 1,500 points NEED ADVICE! :D

superwizard
08-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi, my brother and I are just getting back into 40k again after a very long hiatus --- we occasionally planned to restart, but we haven't really played properly since 2nd edition! I've suffered from occasional withdrawal symptoms since that time!
Anyway, I am currently in the very lengthy process of remodelling and rebuilding my old Genestealer Cult army for use with this fine website's unofficial codex. I have put together an army list based upon what I think should work well and what I own and would like to buy. I would be very interested to hear your opinions and criticisms; after all, I'm essentially a noob and the new rules are very different from 2nd edition!

HQ = 428 points
1. Patriarch (90), Reinforced Chitin (10), Implant Attack (12), bodyguard of 6x Genestealers (98) with Extended Carapace (24)
2. Magus (50), Plasma Pistol (10), bodyguard of 1x Hybrid Acolyte and 6x Hybrids (75) with Rending Claw and Scything Talon biomorphs for Acolyte (8) and 2x Flamers for Hybrids (16). All mounted in Coven Limousine (35)

ELITE = 294 points
1. 6x Genestealers (98)
2. 6x Genestealers (98)
3. 6x Genestealers (98)

TROOPS = 366
1. 1x Hybrid Acolyte and 19x Brood Brothers (125), Rending Claw and Scything Talon biomorphs for Acolyte (8), 2x Flamers for Brood Brothers (10)
2. 1x Hybrid Acolyte and 19x Brood Brothers (125), Rending Claw and Scything Talon biomorphs for Acolyte (8), 2x Grenade Launchers for Brood Brothers (10)
3. 1x Hybrid Acolyte and 9x Brood Initiates (40)
4. 1x Hybrid Acolyte and 9x Brood Initiates (40)

HEAVY SUPPORT = 464 points
1. Leman Russ (145), Pair of Heavy Bolter sponsons (10), Pintle mounted Heavy Stubber (12)
2. Hybrid Monstrosity (110)
3. Veteran Sergeant and 9x Brood Comrades (65), Storm Bolter for Veteran Sergeant (5), Plasmagun for Brood Comrade (10), Missile Launcher for Brood Comrade (15). All mounted in Chimera (80) with Pintle mounted Heavy Stubber (12)

TOTAL = 1552 points

Obviously I'll have to cut down the points a bit somewhere, but that's my rough army list so far. My brother is building an Ork army, though I'd quite like my army not to be solely geared towards fighting this race.
My current plan is to hide the monstrosity, patriarch and genestealers behind the brood brothers and initiates who will lead them towards the enemy soaking up their gunfire. Meanwhile the hybrids and magus, carried in the limo, will outflank the enemy with the chimera (which will shield their transport from attacks), carrying the brood brothers.

How does that sound to you???