PDA

View Full Version : The Emperor

Grailkeeper
06-18-2010, 09:28 AM
We kow from the Fluff that the Emperor was born about a thousand years BC. What I was wondering is what do you reckon he's doing right now? Would he play 40k and if so which faction?

There's old fluff about his children s we know of at least one thing he's doing.

Inquisitor Gray
06-18-2010, 11:59 AM
I bet he plays a Chaos army.

Lane
06-18-2010, 12:12 PM
and plays them badly, he wants the Imperials to win.

Baron Spikey
06-18-2010, 04:26 PM
We kow from the Fluff that the Emperor was born about a thousand years BC. What I was wondering is what do you reckon he's doing right now? Would he play 40k and if so which faction?

There's old fluff about his children s we know of at least one thing he's doing.

Not to be pedantic (though I do love to be so ;)) but the closest thing we have to concrete evidence suggests he was born 8,000 B.C (ref. Horus Rising).

It's said that he moved behind the scenes, sometimes directing the path humanity took, more often simply observing and maknig his own plans for the distant future- of anyone he most of all took the 'long-view', as St.George he laid the plans for him to be claimed the Machine-God over 30,000 years later...that's patience!

Grailkeeper
06-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Either way my question is what is he doing now?

altough your St. George point raises an interesting idea- many historical figures could be the emperor in disguise- anyone spring to mind?

Nabterayl
06-18-2010, 05:43 PM
altough your St. George point raises an interesting idea- many historical figures could be the emperor in disguise- anyone spring to mind?
ALL of them :eek:

Marshal2Crusaders
06-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Little known fact Jesus was 8 feet tall, had glowing eyes, and psychic powers

Baron Spikey
06-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Either way my question is what is he doing now?

Alexander the Great, Agamemnon, Genghis Khan, numerous Gods of various pantheons around the world (that he inspired them not that he actually was a God)- the possibilities are vast.

murrburger
06-18-2010, 11:09 PM
I think the biggest douche on any online forum is really the Emperor in disguise. You know the type, all-knowing and all powerful, with thousands of years of experience that mere mortals can't even hope to match.

Either that, or he's just chilling out in a cave somewhere with his ipod.

Duke
06-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Alexander the Great, Agamemnon, Genghis Khan, numerous Gods of various pantheons around the world (that he inspired them not that he actually was a God)- the possibilities are vast.

Like you said earlier, he is supposed to be directing humanity from the shadows. He would not have been any of these great men... However, he would have been the tactical advisor to Alexander, teacher to Buddha, political advisor to Caesar. Some people (Me) speculate that he was Dick Cheney, lmao!

Duke

Fellend
06-21-2010, 06:18 AM
There's so much heresy in this thread that it deserves it's on personal exterminatus.
But I think the Emperor is slowly biding time, waiting for an oppertunity to usurp the various religions and make himself the second coming of all of them.

PokerCat
06-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Isn't it obvious? You just have to read the clues: He's a MMA fighter, nickname "The Last Emperor" :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

eldargal
06-21-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm not sure, I think the Emperor would have done a better job. Though there is that parralel with the Emperor shooting his friend in the face that time...:p

I think the Emperor would have been people like Talleyrand, manipulating all the Great Powers into reshaping the global power structure.

Some people (Me) speculate that he was Dick Cheney, lmao!

Duke

Lane
06-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Some people (Me) speculate that he was Dick Cheney

The Emperor would have been a better shot. Or chosen his targets better.

Neff
06-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Which would then go into the Machine God thing, since as we all know Dick Cheney is a cyborg/robot out to take over the world.

On a lighter note would the Emperor eat fast food or does he even eat.?

Grailkeeper
06-22-2010, 06:03 PM
I thought about that one, I'd say he probably eats healthily- if you are going to live for tens of millenia you'll want to stay in shape. I doubt he smokes for similar reasons

thelonegrif
06-24-2010, 02:08 PM
if you delve a little deeper you might be able to find out that the emperor is actually the 5th chaos god (god of perfect order) i cant remember where i read this but he does have a name (besides emperor of mankind) all this is based off research i did when my 40k mentor told me about this and honestly it makes perfect sense if you have read the 2nd or 3rd book of the horus hersey series and read some fluff on the chaos demons
(ps think back to the movie dogma he's still alive on that freakin throne kill him and we might see some result after all chaos gods cant die their demons just get banished then again i also remember reading some where they cant or don't want to cross over into the material universe cause then they would be bound by the laws of the material universe

Duke
06-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Erm,... Ahh... 40k Mentor? Where can I get one?

Seriously though, I think the emperor must be a red shirt at my FLGS. He sure acts like he knows everything, so there can only be one explanation...

Duke

DarkLink
06-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Little known fact Jesus... and psychic powers

Aw, we already knew that. How'd'ya think he could walk on water :D.

miteyheroes
06-30-2010, 02:04 AM
if you delve a little deeper you might be able to find out that the emperor is actually the 5th chaos god (god of perfect order) i cant remember where i read this but he does have a name (besides emperor of mankind)

You possibly mean The Starchild?

Anyway. The Emperor was definitely Laozi (aka Lao-Tzu). He's a philosopher who is born already an old man, writes the most important book in Chinese history, and then leaves China (and no-one knows what happens to him after that). His book was a popular philosophy, then became a religion and now Laozi is revered as a God even though that's not what he ever wanted.

Totally the Emperor.

eldargal
06-30-2010, 02:13 AM
Also, few people know that the Emperor married Khorne's sister, Mhaize.

AirHorse
06-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Thats where the entire conflict with chaos started, Khorne got totaly wrecked and during the best man speech accidentally spilled the beans about the big E cheating on his sister while they were away in thailand on the stag do. Obviously it ended up in in the emperor totaly pissed off at Khorne and he refused to speak to him or even acknowledge his existance ever again.

Khorne was so upset to lose his best mate that he turned into the galaxies biggest emo, bleeding himself to the max and eventually taking it to the next level, bleeding the entire galaxy.

MutantLoveFist
07-02-2010, 05:23 AM
There have been several figures in history who would fit his fictional profile - such as Hermes Trismegistus & Solomon - but who's to say? He could even have been the guy on the grassy knoll...

And he'd play whoever he felt like and build ridiculous o.t.t unbeatable lists of ultimate doom, paint like a golden daemon and own EVERYTHING or else conjur it out of thin air...the b*****d!

Grailkeeper
07-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Also, few people know that the Emperor married Khorne's sister, Mhaize.

Does this mean he's a Cereal Philanderer?

I'll get my hat.

Hyperion
07-21-2010, 09:40 AM
if you delve a little deeper you might be able to find out that the emperor is actually the 5th chaos god (god of perfect order) i cant remember where i read this but he does have a name (besides emperor of mankind) all this is based off research i did when my 40k mentor told me about this and honestly it makes perfect sense if you have read the 2nd or 3rd book of the horus hersey series and read some fluff on the chaos demons
(ps think back to the movie dogma he's still alive on that freakin throne kill him and we might see some result after all chaos gods cant die their demons just get banished then again i also remember reading some where they cant or don't want to cross over into the material universe cause then they would be bound by the laws of the material universe

You might be getting your' Moorcock mixed up there. The Emperor is the manifestation of chaos as negentropy?

Hyperion
07-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Like you said earlier, he is supposed to be directing humanity from the shadows. He would not have been any of these great men... However, he would have been the tactical advisor to Alexander, teacher to Buddha, political advisor to Caesar. Some people (Me) speculate that he was Dick Cheney, lmao!

Duke

Aristotle is as good a candidate as any...

Leez
07-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Aristotle is as good a candidate as any...

Aristotle's thoughts, thinking, and researches had a very direct and long influence on Western civilization. Not very "from the background cloaked in shadows".

Duke
07-23-2010, 12:23 AM
I Still think he is Dick Cheny... How funnily ironic would it be if we was a major religious leader?

Duke (met the emperor in a Starbucks)

rbryce
07-23-2010, 06:33 AM
I Still think he is Dick Cheny... How funnily ironic would it be if we was a major religious leader?

Duke (met the emperor in a Starbucks)

sure you weren't hallucinating from extremely bad coffee? cos i was at costa this one time and i swear i saw calgar in a wrestling match Dante, until a 'stealer popped up from under the table and slapped them both.

as to what hes doing now, he goes by the alias "sheldon cooper", and hangs out with the chaos gods(penny, wallowitz, Koothrapali, and leonard-guess whos who) in an apartment playing talisman and call of cthulu

Oktayne
07-23-2010, 01:15 PM
What kind of music do you think the emperor listens to?
Rock? Punk? Deathcore (My guess, as he is the "Corpse God")?
Maybe he likes classical?
Or, even better, he listens to things like Audio Push and the Ranger$ and does "The Jerk" :P

Grailkeeper
07-23-2010, 01:32 PM
I'd imagine hes either into music he's heard for a long time, or the flip side of that music thats very cutting edge- new and different that he wouldn't have heard before.

Good chance he wrote some of the top tunes.

Vaddok Sek
08-09-2010, 11:26 AM
(ps think back to the movie dogma

Wait, Kevin Smith's Dogma? If that's the case then the Emperor is actually the "Empress" and "She" is playing skee ball at an arcade in Jersey.

Kewlmon
12-26-2010, 06:47 PM
]I read somewhere that The Emperor is the culmination of all the souls of "key players" in human history. it would make sense that along his life's journey, he met some people who were later bound to his soul (buddha, jesus e.t.c). Also, that psykers to weak or to insane to serve in the Imperiems military were trained to become "food" for the emperors life force (as well as to make messages through the Astronomicon). It also stated that the emperor is more than one man, but rather many essences which help protect and serve the Imperiem via his enormous power as a psyker, reinforcing the idea that he is the culmination of numerous Human leaders and philosophers.

Back on topic, The Emperor is attempting to usurp Obama (Lord of Change) while simultaneously attempting to purge Sarah Palin (Great Unclean One) and Dick Chaney (Blood thirster)

LemanRussCommander
12-26-2010, 11:02 PM
It all makes sense. the Emperor, Dick Cheney, Starbucks, Jesus, Japanese anime... The two lost primarchs are Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton,:eek: hense why they are never spoken of and there are no female space marines. Ladies and gentlemen we just solved two of the biggest mysteries of the 40k universe

Emerald Rose Widow
12-31-2010, 03:03 AM
I say that the Emporer INVENTED classical because the Emperor is the culmination of all things humanity, and classical music is the culmination of all things music. Hell in my opinion Romantic Period music is the culmination of all the greatest of the musical masters, creating the epitome of all things perfect in music, there has since been no equal in this universe.

Of course being a music major and a violinist I am a bit bias on this subject, but I say he inspired all the greatest composers from the background, but then disappeared, thus creating the lull of musical suck, hehe.

Farseer Uthiliesh
12-31-2010, 04:35 AM
Julian Assange has just uploaded onto Wilileaks some documents between the Emperor and the Dragon. These also reveal that the Emperor plays Warmachine.