Shortbows

Warg Pack 6 companies 170
Warg Chieftain

Warg Pack 6 companies 170
Warg Chieftain

Shade 100

Tokens of Terror 25

Total: 1500pts

The tactic is to keep the Witch King behind the goblins/wargs and out of range of archers so that the goblins/wargs go At the Double towards the foe and pass all Terror tests and with the help of the drums move faster, have higher courage, and may re-roll panic tests and charge distances. Then the goblins/wargs overwhelm the foe with their vast numbers and the Witch King swoops back into the fray to help clean up whats left. This tactic would have the goblins moving 18" a turn.

Also the Shade moves along with the Blackshields behind them making anything they fight Fight 2, evening the playing field and giving the edge to the goblins. Durburz will be in the regular Warband giving them as much as he can.

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
08-11-2009, 06:10 PM
:eek: Experimental indeed.

I am not even sure if that would work. I haven't played enough games to know.

Durburz
08-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I believe it would work against most armies but it probably wouldn't against Dwarves and higher Defense armies like that. There isn't many armies who can consistently put up high defense units like the Dwarves can and usually I will be able to eliminate the lesser Defense units by sheer numbers and concentrate on the higher Defense ones. With the amount of attacks being given though, even higher Defense units like those with 7 or 8 will be wounded just because of the sheer amount of dice.

icecube
08-12-2009, 08:36 AM
The army seems to be wery wulnerable to magick, apart from the wich-king. If you want a rush army i would suggest taking more ambushers and cavarly.;)

Durburz
08-12-2009, 10:16 AM
The army seems to be wery wulnerable to magick, apart from the wich-king. If you want a rush army i would suggest taking more ambushers and cavarly.;)

Made a few changes! I added cavalry as you suggested. I also added a Shade due to their awesomeness. The only ambusher in the Misty Mountains list is the spiders, and I don't want any of them for fluff reasons.

Dáin Ironfoot
08-12-2009, 05:33 PM
This army would get nowhere against my Dwarves. Like you said there are armies that would laugh at this list. Its a tough gamble.