PDA

View Full Version : 1500 skyfall tau army

Uncle Nutsy
06-19-2010, 12:45 AM
A list I did in about two hours for a game I had tonight with a fellow tau player. We play with a 2% overage house rule.

skyfall spearhead

2 tx42 piranhas with missilepods
1 railhead
11 firewarriors in a fish plus d-pods

tx42 piranha with missilepods
tx42 piranha with fusion
tx42 piranha with missilepods

5x stealthsuit with targeting array
5x stealthsuit with targeting array

xv81 SMS shas'el with ABFP, and missilepods with hardwired multitracker and positional relay

6 firewarriors

XV88, target lock, hardwired drone controller, two shield drones
XV88, target lock, hardwired drone controller, two shield drones

1502 pts

This list worked very well. I used the stealthsuits as shock troops, who cut a full squad of firewarriors down to three in one turn. This made the opponent lose his marbles and deepstruck his three heatwaves in front of the stealthsuits away from my firewarrior base.

the two xv88's didn't do a whole lot other than stunning vehicles. I wanted his devilfish to blow up, but due to the fact he took decoy launchers all my explosion results turned into shaken results. One upside to that is the fish couldn't transport it's load of firewarriors to where he wanted them to go.

The piranhas did most of the dirty work taking out one of his piranhas, shaking the devilfish and generally annoying the crap out of the opponent. God I love it when I can move 18" and still fire some hard hitting weapons.

I lost but the only reason I did lose is because when I deployed the skyfall, I ended up scattering ten inches from the original target destination! (OUCH!) Otherwise the hammerhead, the full load of firewarriors in the fish plus the two piranhas would have had a field day with rear armour. Str 5 into the back of his piranha, str 7 into the back of his skyray and str10 into the back of his hammerhead. would have been a nice fireworks show.

When the mishap result happened, it ended up giving the opponent the game. He got the chance to place the models and put them all in front of farsight. It ended up getting farsight killed with piranhas in the end but not before he took a whack at my fish with his railgun.

I have to say, the tx42 piranhas and the stealthsuits were the real stars of the show with the xv88's as supporting cast. If anyone tells you that the tx42's aren't meant for frontline and flanking duty you can just look at them and chuckle.

I don't have a full batrep because I was trying to concentrate on doing the turns quickly seeing as we had about three hours to play. But I can tell you that the opponent brought two regular piranhas, three MP heatwaves with shield/gun drones, one hammerhead, six pathfinders, a fish with a full compliment of troops and farsight.

friggin farsight. so annoying.