PDA

View Full Version : scout bikers and shotguns

azekio
08-11-2009, 06:29 PM
scout bikers have shot guns - but as they are bikers they have relentless USR they could fire their bike's twin lnked bolters twice at 12" for a better AP and assualt, then why have shot guns? and bolt pistols? i'm confused! can they fire their TL bolters and their shotguns in a turn then assualt? or are the bolt guns purely for a single 24" shot? i'm probably being dim and missing something.....

Greeny
08-11-2009, 07:53 PM
It could be because the minis that are out have shotguns, so they didnt want to make the only scout models around ilegal to field? What did the 4th ed rules say about using weapons from bikes?

Nabterayl
08-11-2009, 08:21 PM
No, you're not missing anything. And 4th edition bikes still had Relentless (though it wasn't called that at the time). But hey, this way they have shotguns for when they rescue kids destined to lead the Resistance?

azekio
08-12-2009, 03:25 AM
No, you're not missing anything. And 4th edition bikes still had Relentless (though it wasn't called that at the time). But hey, this way they have shotguns for when they rescue kids destined to lead the Resistance?

glad you watched t2 last night too. though about the sact same thing.

darknite
08-13-2009, 09:02 AM
There's no reason to have the shotguns that I can see as the twin-linked Bolter (with Relentless) is superior in every way.