PDA

View Full Version : a wicked new spell

j-orge-287
06-19-2010, 09:22 AM
In the 8th ed lore of beasts I came across an awesome spell:D.
For a casting value of around 10+ it transforms your character into a manticore/hydra/dragon for a turn with cool profiles and rules (you choose the monster as they have different abilities). For a casting value of 20+ you can transform your wizard into an uber fire dragon/epic evil chimeara:D.
Cant wait-other lores are kickass as well

Herald of Nurgle
06-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Can Beastmen use Lore of Beasts? :D

CitizenZero
06-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Can Beastmen use Lore of Beasts? :DIf you cast lore of beasts on any unit from the Beastmen army book, you actually get a bonus to your casting roll...so the answer is a resounding yes.

Herald of Nurgle
06-19-2010, 10:49 AM
If you cast lore of beasts on any unit from the Beastmen army book, you actually get a bonus to your casting roll...so the answer is a resounding yes.
Ok. Second question then.
Can it be taken on a named character - e.g. Morghur. Because 15+ to become a big, FW, dragon with 8s in all stats exc. Ld9 and a 2+ sv? fun

UltramarineFan
06-20-2010, 03:59 AM
Could have sworn it was higher than 10+ for the first version, more like 18+

I really like the Lore of Metal spell where you target an enemy unit and if you cast the spell(cant remember what the casting value is) then you roll for every model in the unit and on a 5+ they are turned to gold(6+ for multi-wound models), then in your opponents turn all units within 12" have to test for stupidity as they are considering whether to go steal the gold that was once there comrades. The more powerful version with a higher casting value increases the stupidity range to 36" :)

CitizenZero
06-20-2010, 04:20 AM
Can it be taken on a named character - e.g. Morghur. Because 15+ to become a big, FW, dragon with 8s in all stats exc. Ld9 and a 2+ sv? funI don't have the book anymore, but I don't see why not...

Diagnosis Ninja
06-20-2010, 04:22 AM
The default cast is 16+, and lets you turn into a Hydra, Chimera, or Dragon. The boosted version is a 20+, and lets you turn into the "8" Dragon, or the 4D6 Chimera.

I actually like the look of the signature spell for my Beastmen army. +1S and +1T until your next magic phase is cool, and casts on a 9 if the target is from Beastmen ^^ I think my Beastmen just found a bit extra protection from shooting, lol, seen as T5 can shrug off a fair few arrows.

UltramarineFan
06-20-2010, 05:27 AM
Can it be taken on a named character - e.g. Morghur. Because 15+ to become a big, FW, dragon with 8s in all stats exc. Ld9 and a 2+ sv? fun

Don't remember it saying that you can't, though I can't say that I was looking at that one with that idea in mind so not sure, but I think you can.

Herald of Nurgle
06-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Don't remember it saying that you can't, though I can't say that I was looking at that one with that idea in mind so not sure, but I think you can.
Cool.

I just have that strange feeling that Beastmen only have their crappy 'Lore of the Wild'. Having Lore of Beasts would actually ENCOURAGE me to buy a Beastmen army :P

j-orge-287
06-20-2010, 11:51 AM
BTW there is also a casting bonus of +1 for mounted characters and war beasts.

UltramarineFan
06-22-2010, 11:30 AM
BTW there is also a casting bonus of +1 for mounted characters and war beasts.

And +1 for each wizard level above 1, so a lvl 2 gets +1, lvl 3 gets +2 etc.