PDA

View Full Version : Combined Imp/SM fleet, need help

Dunadan
06-20-2010, 08:56 PM
My local group is starting up BFG, and we have all agreed to make 700 pts fleets. I am trying to come up with something using the Armageddon flee list, so that I can use both Navy and Marine ships. Anyone willing to offer some advice to a newbie?

Armageddon Sector Fleet list
Space Marine Strike Cruiser 145
-Nova Class Frigate(3) 150

Dictator Class Cruiser 220
Lunar Class Cruiser 180

Myu
06-22-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm new my self unfortunately, so I can't offer much advice, but since no one else has put stuff I'll add something.

Proxy some ships (maybe use paper circles) and have some test games (say 3 to 6) with 3-5 ships per game and see what experience shows you. That way you don't lose a lot of money and can buy stuff you know works, or works better than stuff you've tried which doesn't work. Plus you get BFG experience which is always good ^_^

Edit:

I'm actually thinking of getting a combine marine/imperial fleet myself at some point so when I do, I'll post here and let you know what my proxy games find out.

Edit: 28th june
Need to finish painting up my imperials fleet more tho and find time others can game. I don't technically need to paint my models to test, but it is nice having painted ships if I actually own them.

PoliticalOfficerKrad
06-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Magnetize your Imperial Cruisers. That way they can be which ever class you like and you can change your list as you please.

fracas
07-21-2011, 06:53 PM
My local group is starting up BFG, and we have all agreed to make 700 pts fleets. I am trying to come up with something using the Armageddon flee list, so that I can use both Navy and Marine ships. Anyone willing to offer some advice to a newbie?

Armageddon Sector Fleet list
Space Marine Strike Cruiser 145
-Nova Class Frigate(3) 150

Dictator Class Cruiser 220
Lunar Class Cruiser 180

strike cruisers work best ins squadrons of 2-3
dictator is a good attack carrier for small size games
upgrade the lunar to the Armageddon to get 45cm batteries. they will come in handy against eldar.

horizon
08-03-2011, 02:06 AM
You really want Sword Frigates at this point level instead of highly expensive Nova's.

MajorMcNicol
03-06-2012, 08:27 AM
I agree about Swords instead of Novas.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the Lunar class, but if you take it, do you have enough points to spend on the upgrade? If so, I agree, do it.