PDA

View Full Version : Definition of Wank

Denzark
06-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Just to settle this arguement.

The urban dictionary, a dictionary of slang terms, created by an American, has 12+ pages defining wank. I have checked the first 2 of these - 25 entries.

Nowhere in the top 25 does wank get defined as sperm, ****, semen, fetch, spooge, manfat, dirty water, or sexy wee.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wank

Hope this helps.

Faultie
06-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Although I find it ridiculous that this is being argued, I would like to point out how Urbandictionary works. The definitions are supplied by users, not by some mysterious !American Creator!, and people vote on them.

You'll also notice at the top where it has all the various tags (UD's synonyms list). Amongst them you'll notice a few of the things you pointed out.

Hope this helps.

Denzark
06-21-2010, 04:59 PM
No, this doesn't help. Except to point out that the vast majority of users who supplied the definitions, supplied the definition of wank as being a verb - to whit - to masturbate.

So, guess you'll be jogging on then sunshine.

Rusty Nail
06-21-2010, 05:05 PM
OED is your friend

wank
Brit. vulgar slang

• verb (also wank off) masturbate.

• noun an act of masturbating.

— ORIGIN of unknown origin.

Perform another search of the Compact Oxford English Dictionary

BuFFo
06-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I'll be very blunt about it....

The people who were defending Melissa's use of the word 'wank', as in that the word 'wank' had multiple meanings, are attacking my version of the word 'wank' as if it isn't right.

Do you guys even see the hypocrisy on your shoulder when you look in the mirror?

'Wank' has many meanings.

Get over it.

Connjurus
06-21-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm Tzeentch, and I support this meaningless debate.

addamsfamily36
06-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Buffo is right. yeh i said it.

Wank in the literal sense does mean to bash the bishop, spank the monkey etc etc

however it has grown outside of that definition.

addamsfamily36
06-21-2010, 09:16 PM
created by an American, has 12+ pages defining wank. I have checked the first 2 of these - 25 entries.

I'd also like to point out the term wank, has british routes not american

but i agree wank doesn't mean sperm, dirty water, semen etc. I mean if someone chooses to use the word instead of these words then fair enough thats their choice, but no one will understand what they mean. :)

BuFFo
06-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Just to settle this arguement.

The urban dictionary, a dictionary of slang terms, created by an American, has 12+ pages defining wank. I have checked the first 2 of these - 25 entries.

Nowhere in the top 25 does wank get defined as sperm, ****, semen, fetch, spooge, manfat, dirty water, or sexy wee.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wank

Hope this helps.

Yeah, you found the secret American urban dictionary, as to wit, if it isn't there, the slang must not be true!

You win some wank!

Which according to you, means you win some masturbation. Just like Melissa said, there was masturbation in Sicarus' helmet, right?

eldargal
06-22-2010, 12:16 AM
The BolS wank and file thouldn't make fun of peopleth thpeech impediments, alwight? Wight. You may laugh, but everytime Thicarius asks his Thecond Company to form wanks he dieth a little inthide.

Bathtardth.

BuFFo
06-22-2010, 12:47 AM
The BolS wank and file thouldn't make fun of peopleth thpeech impediments, alwight? Wight. You may laugh, but everytime Thicarius asks his Thecond Company to form wanks he dieth a little inthide.

Bathtards.

LOL

Suffering Succotash!!!!

Aldramelech
06-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Guess you lot were really bored last night huh?

Wank and wanker are English words, we invented them, so we're right! Nah Nah Nan Nah Nah.

Wankers.

Aldramelech
06-22-2010, 01:38 AM

Bathtards.

He wanks as high as anyone in the imperium!

Rusty Nail
06-22-2010, 04:44 AM

Bathtardth.

I really did LOL at this, and have now had to explain to she who must be obeyed why on a toy soldiers forum we are talking about wanking!!

As for attacking and defending anybody I've obviously missed something - but all I saw was the heading "Definition of Wank" so went for a reliable and respected source.

Hyperion
07-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Guess you lot were really bored last night huh?

Wank and wanker are English words, we invented them, so we're right! Nah Nah Nan Nah Nah.

Wankers.

You forgot wankstain. And a pretentious argument would be referred to as wankery... unless that's the technical term for a 14 year olds' bedroom...

Aldramelech
07-08-2010, 01:15 AM
You forgot wankstain. And a pretentious argument would be referred to as wankery... unless that's the technical term for a 14 year olds' bedroom...

Ahhh the world of unwashed dishes, used tissues, unmade beds and dust you can write your name in.

DarkAngelHopeful
07-08-2010, 03:29 AM
For what it's worth, I knew a guy from Australia and he defined wanker as someone who masturbates.

Shotgun Justice
07-14-2010, 11:04 AM
wankstain, wankhole, wankbiscuit, wankdrizzle, wankwound, wankpuddle, wankface, wankbreath, "I've got wankeye", wankhouse, wankshack, (not shaq) wankers arm, wankers cramp, pile of wank, full of wank, smells of wank, looks like wank, is wank, could be wank, bare wank, will be wank, wankfactory, wank merchant, wank monger, wank addict, wank adverse, wank-o-thon, wank-tastic, wank-ophile, wank lord, wank-tizzle my bizzle, wank wash, wankers wash, wank bank, wank-mobile, foot wank, pit wank.

All variants I have heard in my, relatively, short life that I think show wank can be the procedure or the produce