PDA

View Full Version : TheHammerCast –WHF 8th Edition Rulebook Unleashed

Odominus
06-21-2010, 04:08 PM
With the WHF rulebook now available, we took a few hours and read the book recording what we found and offered our commentary. HordeHammer? HeroHammer? GunlineHammer? None of the above? Its up to you to decide. We offer our vision of what 8th could become. The beautiful thing about it is that new strategies, combos, and army specific tactics will reveal themselves to all of us over the course of the next few months. It will be a blast to watch unfold. A major piece of the puzzle has yet to be revealed: the army specific errata to be released in PDF form shortly before the BRB is released. This will heavily influence gameplay and as such, expectations should be kept in check until you are able to read your army’s pdf.

With expediency as our goal here, this episode does not include sound effects, music beds, intros, etc. This was down and dirty-get it out to you all as fast as possible.

If you have any question we can answer, leave a comment on the site or send us an email [email protected].

http://i48.tinypic.com/a0l1de.jpg (http://www.TheHammerCast.com)

Odominus
06-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Thought I'd post random smatterings from the 8th BRB..

When a unit touches a forest terrain for the first time, randomly generate what type of forest it is on a d6. Here is the table and effects:

1. It's an ordinary forest. Phew!

2. Abyssal Wood - A unit with the majority of its models within an Abyssal wood causes fear.

3. Blood Forest - Whenever a spell is successfully cast by (or at) a model in a Blood Forest, all units wholly or partially within it suffer d6 strength 4 hits as the trees go into a feeding frenzy. When any hits have been resolved, the Blood Forest moves 2d6" in a random direction, moving around any intervening terrain features by the shortest route. This does not move the models that were in the Blood Forest, it simply "walks off." and leaves them behind.

4. Fungus Forest - Any unit at least partially within the Fungus Forest is subject to the rules for Stupidity. Any Goblin unit at least partially within the Fungus Forest is Stubborn.

5. Venom Thicket - Any model in a Venom Thicket has the Poisoned attacks special rule (applies to close combat attacks only). However, any model moving through a Venom Thicket must take a Dangerous Terrain test, to represent their attempt to fend off the venomous critters within.

6. Wildwood - Roll for any unit at least partially within the Wildwood at the end of the Movement Phase. On a 4+, the unit suffers d6 str4 hits.

Remember the Dangerous Terrain test can outright kill your troops! Also, remember the rumor that said random magic items could be found in forests? :rolleyes:

Odominus
07-09-2010, 02:27 AM
PDF's are OUT!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=&pIndex=1&aId=3000006&start=2

Odominus
07-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Wow artillery hammer!

Melissia
07-09-2010, 10:09 AM
I certainly hope that guns are better in eighth edition. That's what really draws me to WFB-- the emergence of technology struggling to survive against the monsters of a fantasy world.

Odominus
07-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Well Empire guns certainly got a boost.

Empire engineer can affect multiple warmachines now. He can also aid the volleygun and the rocket battery now.

Speaking of which, the rocket battery got some new rules and may be the best Empire has. I would expect them to start showing up in Empire lists:D

Slann, Teclis, Fateweaver all all just ridiculous hehe!