PDA

View Full Version : DKoK 2000 points, need help.

Mortarion
08-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I've been thinking about starting a DKoK (Death Korps of Krieg for those who don't know) army for some time, in no small part due to FW's amazing models :D However, before I start I need some input as to the competitiveness of my proposed list. Remember that I haven't bought anything yet, so any unit can be changed/replaced.

Army list:

HQ

Company Command
Medi Pack, Standard, 2 Meltaguns, Chimera 170

Troops

Veteran Squad 1
3x Meltaguns, shotguns, Chimera, demolitions 185

Veteran Squad 2
3x flamers, shotguns, Chimera, demolitions 170

Infantry Platoon 1
Platoon Command
Commissar with power weapon, 4 flamers, Chimera 150

Infantry Squad 1
flamer 55

Infantry Squad 2
flamer 55

Heavy Weapons
3 Lascannons 105

Infantry Platoon 2
Platoon Command
Commissar with power weapon, 4 meltaguns, Chimera 170

Infantry Squad 1
Meltagun 60

Infantry Squad 2
Meltagun 60

Heavy Weapons
3 Lascannons 105

Heavy Support

Ordnance Battery
Basilisk, Basilisk, Medusa 385

Leman Russ Demolisher 165

Total: 2000 points.

Army Stats:
Infantry: 87
Tanks: 10
Lasguns:39
Meltaguns:11
Flamers:9
Pie Plates: 7
Lascannons: 6
Heavy Bolters: 10
Shotguns: 14

Army Tactics:
CCS stays with the lascannon teams and the artillery at home objectives. CCS orders both the Heavy Weapons with Bring it Down! for 6 twin linked lascannons per turn. This is used to kill enemy transports early before they bring the hurt down my lines. The 2 infantry units in each platoon combine into 20-man units, and get ordered by their Command Squads to Move!Move!Move! and slog across the board taking hits for the army. When they arrive into rapid-fire range, the Command Squads order them to First rank, Fire! Second rank, Fire! for 54 lasgun shots from each 20 man unit. The veterans run amok killing land raiders with meltas and enemy troops with mass flamers, and push towards the enemy's objectives end-game. The russes and artillery drop obscene numbers of S9/S10 templates on enemy terminators, oblits and other such nonsense :D

C&C most welcome :)

Chumbalaya
08-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Company Command
Medi Pack, Standard, 2 Meltaguns, Chimera 170

If you're in a Chimera, the Standard and Medipack aren't that useful. Keep them moving, keep them shooting, use orders as a bonus. If you want to stay back and boss people around, camo cloaks would be all you need.

Veteran Squad 1
3x Meltaguns, shotguns, Chimera, demolitions 185

Demolitions is pricey and all you get is 1 Demo Charge. If you've got the points, go for it.

Veteran Squad 2
3x flamers, shotguns, Chimera, demolitions 170

Meltas would be better here, you can stick a hull flamer on the Chimera.

Infantry Platoon 1
Platoon Command
Commissar with power weapon, 4 flamers, Chimera 150

Don't stick a Commissar in the PCS, they don't need to be in combat ever.

Infantry Squad 1
flamer 55

Infantry Squad 2
flamer 55

What are these guys doing? Either mob them up with the Commissar and max out on meltas and power weapons or just give them autocannons.

Heavy Weapons
3 Lascannons 105

2 HWS are not terribly hard to kill, and Ld7 with no vox means orders won't be going through all the time.

Infantry Platoon 2
Platoon Command
Commissar with power weapon, 4 meltaguns, Chimera 170

As above, and I find meltas better on BS4 models.

Infantry Squad 1
Meltagun 60

Infantry Squad 2
Meltagun 60

Get autocannons or mob up with commissar and power weapons.

Ordnance Battery
Basilisk, Basilisk, Medusa 385

No way! Bassies are expensive generalists while Medusas AP2 armor killers. Bassies don't scare Termies or Land Raiders, the Medusa does. Squadron rules also hurt you, since you must fire at the same target and make for open-topped AV12 vehicles easier to kill.

Great.

Army Tactics:
CCS stays with the lascannon teams and the artillery at home objectives. CCS orders both the Heavy Weapons with Bring it Down! for 6 twin linked lascannons per turn. This is used to kill enemy transports early before they bring the hurt down my lines. The 2 infantry units in each platoon combine into 20-man units, and get ordered by their Command Squads to Move!Move!Move! and slog across the board taking hits for the army. When they arrive into rapid-fire range, the Command Squads order them to First rank, Fire! Second rank, Fire! for 54 lasgun shots from each 20 man unit. The veterans run amok killing land raiders with meltas and enemy troops with mass flamers, and push towards the enemy's objectives end-game. The russes and artillery drop obscene numbers of S9/S10 templates on enemy terminators, oblits and other such nonsense :D

HWS are Ld7, so orders are no guarantee. Lasguns don't scare anybody and it's much easier to charge your mobs and run them down after killing a few. 2 Vet units won't be enough, especially if only 1 has meltas. They will be targetted and knock out. AP3 means nothing to Terminators/Oblits.

I would hold your infantry back and give them the lascannons (mob up, add voxes, 2 TL lascannons very reliably, add commissar to taste). Give your HWS autocannons and take more of them, like 4.

Vets should be all melta and you can take another unit or 2.

2 Demos work great, just swap out your artillery for a Collussus to knock out entrenched enemies or those who just hopped out of wrecked transports.

If points allow, a pair of Hellhounds or Devil Dogs would fit in great. They can run with the Vets and help clear out troops or pop tanks. More importantly, it gives you more armor up close to threaten people and prevent you from being crippled should they pop 2 AV12 tanks.

Mortarion
08-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the advice :) Here is the new list, using your suggestions.

Company Command
4x meltaguns, Chimera 165

Veteran Squad
3x meltaguns, Chimera 155

Veterans Squad

Veterans Squad
Infantry Platoon 1

Platoon Command
3x flamers, Chimera 115

Infantry Squad 1
Lascannon 70

Infantry Squad 2
Lascannon 70

HWS
3x Autocannon 75

Infantry Platoon 2

Platoon Command
3x flamers, Chimera 115

Infantry Squad 1
Lascannon 70

Infantry Squad 2
Lascannon 70

HWS
3x Autocannon 75

Hellhound 130

Hellhound 130

Hellhound 130

Colossus 140

Total: 1995

Chumbalaya
08-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Sure. You can either mob up those infantry units and add a vox to each blob for ordering (drop 1 melta from the CCS) or since the CCS is going to be mobile you may just want to stick with autocannons and see if you can afford another unit (10 points per lascannon saved plus 2 meltas or some flamers is another squad. Smoke on the Hellhounds would be handy if you could afford, and maybe swap 1 out for a Bane Wolf.

Also, your PCS should be 100 points, not 115.

Darkwynn
08-12-2009, 08:04 AM
I will look over this list more but things that pop out to me right away.

HWS with auto cannons are the same cost of a hydra which is twin linked and has a heavy bolter with it.

They are a lot more effective then the HWS teams.

Chumbalaya
08-12-2009, 08:10 PM
HWS score, can be screened and get 2 more shots. It's a trade off. If you bring infantry HWS are a good way to get more dakka in there. If you have a more mech list and a free Heavy slot, Hydras fit right in.

Mortarion
08-13-2009, 01:37 AM
The thing is, I'm trying to make use of artillery, so as to follow DKoK fluff. But I'm also in love with LR Demolishers :p Is there a competitive option for that? That's the main reason I didn't include a hydra really, it was next on the list. And Chumbalaya hit the nail on the head with saying that HWS are scoring, which is the main reason I included them, as they leave the rest of my troops free to screen my other units or advance.

Chumbalaya
08-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Artillery are solid. If you want Demos, then a Collussus would be handy as it ignores cover and is great for smashing up infantry piling out of their transports or bunkered down in cover.