PDA

View Full Version : legio mortis colors ?

sonofmedusa
06-24-2010, 10:35 AM
so i am getting a warhound titan to support my death guard army i want to paint it based on lore rather than my army . legio mortis were red right ?

Gotthammer
06-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Black with red trim.

sonofmedusa
06-25-2010, 07:10 AM
cool cool thats what i thought i just wanted to confirm it , i want to find away to make it look like the original paint is flaking off . i think that would go great with the death guard

Lane
06-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Recently saw a great weathering technique for flaking paint but not sure how well it would work for models that get handled.

1) Base the model in the underlying color such as bare metal, primed metal etc.

2) Spray the weathered areas with a light coat of hairspray.
or
2) Brush weathered areas with a mix of water and dish soap. The soap breaks surface tension so the warer does not bead up. Flow aid may work as well or better.

3) Sprinkle table salt on the weathered areas, clumping is OK it just makes larger chipped areas. If using hair spray this step has to be done quickly or the spray will dry.

4) Using an airbrush paint the top color and if you can any highlights.

5) Once the paint is completely dry remove the salt. If using hairspray you will need to lightly brush the salt off under running water but must be careful since you could easily brush off paint as well.

Note: The reference using hairspray was for a display model. Given the warning on removing the salt I doubt it would be suitable for a gaming model.