PDA

View Full Version : Doomwheel conversion idea. Need help!

Beta_Ray_Bill
06-27-2010, 10:58 PM
So, I got a doom wheel the other day, and as I'm constructing and painting as I go, I got the idea to put an engine on it, to kind of spice thing up. I'm going for a skryre army, so I don't think it would be too out of the box.

I'm wondering if anyone has done this before. I'm thinking of something space ork-y, bike or buggy. Anything imperial would just look too "nice" to really fit. I'm also unaware of any other model ranges that may work.

So in short, any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated, either on block choices or placement.

Thanks!

windspear
06-28-2010, 08:45 PM
try searching "steampunk"

Beta_Ray_Bill
06-28-2010, 11:26 PM
try searching "steampunk"

Thanks for the NOT help...
Unfortunately, simply searching google DOESN'T provide any OPINIONS.

Besides, usually all I get are those motivational pictures with Abe Lincoln with the gatling gun arm...

FastEd
07-02-2010, 02:14 AM
That was kind of rude...

Dude tried to help you out, and you kind of just told him to piss off. You, in fact, did ask for "help/opinions".

Either way, I think working towards a steampunk aesthetic may be the way to go with this. Sure add an engine of some sort, maybe the one from an Ork truck, but add a few steam pipes here and there leading to the gear mechanisms that actually rotate the wheel (instead of the rats that seem to do it now). It even already has that tank on the back that pipes could easily be attached to.

Herald of Nurgle
07-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Add mecha-snotlings where the Rats would be.

Beta_Ray_Bill
07-03-2010, 12:09 PM
That was kind of rude...

Dude tried to help you out, and you kind of just told him to piss off. You, in fact, did ask for "help/opinions".

Very true, and I am very sorry, guy just caught me at a bad time. All I'm looking for is anything from a more experienced hobbyist, and not the stereotypical 4-chan answer of "dood you're so lazy just google it", which is way too common on the Internet these days, and also oddly hypocritical for as often as people throw it around.

But anyways, thanks for your help fellas, just got paid, and now it's time to go shoppin! :D