PDA

View Full Version : Initiative order question.

Beta_Ray_Bill
06-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Ok, so say you have the following situation, it's going to happen as soon as our group gets to fighting...

You have two groups of bigguns, rat ogres vs croxigors, RAs I is higher, but stomp attacks ASL, if the two stomp on each other, are those stomp attacks resolved in init order?

Aldramelech
06-28-2010, 01:54 AM
That would seem to be sensible.

Kieranator K82
06-28-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm not sure. From what I've heard you say, I would resolve it like this:
Rat Ogres.
Kroxigors that survived the vermin onslaught.
Stomp Attacks of any remaining models.
Wait... can you stomp on other monsters?

Random Guy
06-28-2010, 03:15 AM
It will actually go like this

Rat Ogres and packmasters with standard attacks
Kroxigors and ALL stomp attacks from all models alive after the rat ogres have struck

Both the kroxigors and the stomp attacks have ASL so they go simultanously.

Random Guy

Beta_Ray_Bill
06-28-2010, 03:19 AM
I'm not sure. From what I've heard you say, I would resolve it like this:
Rat Ogres.
Kroxigors that survived the vermin onslaught.
Stomp Attacks of any remaining models.
Wait... can you stomp on other monsters?

THAT'S the confusing part! I kind of envisioned it so that they're kicking each other in the shins...

But with only preview copies out there and my 3rd shift job dominating my life, you guys and gals are my best chance to figure this one out...

Kieranator K82
06-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Unfortunately the next time I'm going to see a rulebook is when they're on sale and I buy mine. I didn't know that Kroxigors had ASL, thanks Random Guy, whoever thou art. So I guess this is the updated sequence:
Rat Ogres and Packmaster(s)
Any surviving Kroxigors and all Stomps (assuming you can kick eachother in the shins :D)

Aldramelech
06-28-2010, 04:49 AM
Thinking about it Im sure I read somewhere monsters stomp on Man sized models only. I'll ask and report back later.

Lord Azaghul
06-28-2010, 06:42 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't stomp attack each other.

But if you could...the attacks would take place simultaniously!

Aldramelech
06-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Just recieved the reply from my friend with the book:

"It only affects infantry, warbeastys and swarm models, so no".

UltramarineFan
06-28-2010, 10:53 AM
This seems pretty resolved but I thought that if two units both had ASL then it goes to initiative order?

Lord Azaghul
06-28-2010, 12:11 PM
I think the only thing mentioned was ASL and ASF cancelling each other out, but I'm not 100% sure on ASL v ASL.

Aldramelech
06-28-2010, 02:48 PM
This seems pretty resolved but I thought that if two units both had ASL then it goes to initiative order?

That is my understanding.

Lunar Camel
07-19-2010, 02:56 PM
BRB pg 66: Always strikes last
second paragraph - If the model with this rule is fighting an enemy with the same ability, the Attacks are made simultaneousley. If a model has both this rule and Always Stikes First, the two cancel out and neither applies so use the models Initiative.

I think that should sum it up.