PDA

View Full Version : Its raining wolves! 2000 pts

ashnaile
06-28-2010, 06:06 PM
So, im thinking of making this list, i have everything i need for it except for 3 droppods.

Its pretty simple, Wolf guard are attached to each dropping grey hunters squad, with the terminator on a long fangs unit. Rune priests also attached. Long fangs shoot stuff with missiles etc.

Rune priest /w runic armor, living lightning & jaws 120
Rune priest /w runic armor & wolf tail talisman, living lightning & murderous hurricane 125

7x wolf guard, 6x /w power armor & wolf claw, 1x /w terminator armor & cyclone missile launcher /w drop pod 296

8x grey hunters /w 1x meltagun & powerfist in drop pod 195

Long fangs, 5x missile launchers 140
Long fangs, 5x missile launchers 140

Tynskel
06-28-2010, 07:00 PM
change up the weapons in the squads... the list looks boring, otherwise.

Something like, flamers, maybe a plasma rifle. Put some Power Weapons in. You'll probably have points left over to give some of the Wolf Guard combi-weapons.

blackarmchair
06-28-2010, 11:42 PM
You realize that you're entitled to a free special weapon in each squad right since you've purchased one?

ashnaile
06-29-2010, 01:45 AM
Er ... no. Id be entitled to a free extra weapon if the squad numbered 10 models. They dont.

Splug
06-29-2010, 10:30 AM
I agree that you should consider throwing a flamer in some of the squads. While you're fine spamming the hell out of melta weapons against mech IG, you do eventually have to kill the guys inside. And as mentioned, you probably want to find a way to double up on the special weapons by giving a matching combi to the wolf guard, just to make the shooting when the squad first lands a bit more reliable.