PDA

View Full Version : 1500 points mech IG (thoughts please)

Renegade
06-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Yes there are 9 autocannons, those that are in the infantry units are those being used to grab/defend objectives.

HQ 150
General with PF and PP
Reg Standard
MG
Vox
HF
Carapace
Kraks

Platoon 1 67
Lt with BP
PlatStand
Vox
MG
GL

Infantry 1 62
Sarge with BP
Vox
GL

Infantry 2 72
Sarge with BP
Vox
GL
AC

Platoon 2 67

Infantry 1 62

Infantry 2 72

FA1 (A Sentinel) 70
LC
FA2 (A Sentinel) 70
LC

HS (Battle tank*2) 320
HB(Hull&Sponsors)

Transports*7 490
with AC turret
HB hull
Heavy Stubber

Total 1497

Lord Azaghul
06-29-2010, 04:00 PM
OK:
you’ve spend far too much on your command squad. Drop the powerfist and the plasma pistol, as well as pretty much everything else in that unit. Keep them cheap, with a couple of special weapons, like 1 or 2 meltas and a flamer, and perhaps a nice advisor or two. You don’t WANT to be in cc, so don’t build you advantages there, if you do take a cc weapon, make it a power weapon, not fist

Army wide: drop all standards, drop all vox casters
Transport: um AC aren’t legal upgrades to a chimera. Take multilaser/ heavy flamer for you chimera upgrades

Renegade
06-29-2010, 04:56 PM
OK:
you’ve spend far too much on your command squad. Drop the powerfist and the plasma pistol, as well as pretty much everything else in that unit. Keep them cheap, with a couple of special weapons, like 1 or 2 meltas and a flamer, and perhaps a nice advisor or two. You don’t WANT to be in cc, so don’t build you advantages there, if you do take a cc weapon, make it a power weapon, not fist

Army wide: drop all standards, drop all vox casters
Transport: um AC aren’t legal upgrades to a chimera. Take multilaser/ heavy flamer for you chimera upgrades

Got permission to use some Imperial Armour upgrades. :D AC on Chimeras is fine, as are the Malcadors I am hoping to field at higher points!

Wont be able to run in to contest if I drop standards! Though will think about the HQ being cheaper. I know I dont want to be in cc, but I thought they maybe a good "just in case", not so? Same with the Vox Casters.

What to do with the spare points from those cuts?

Lord Azaghul
06-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Got permission to use some Imperial Armour upgrades. :D AC on Chimeras is fine, as are the Malcadors I am hoping to field at higher points!

Wont be able to run in to contest if I drop standards! Though will think about the HQ being cheaper. I know I dont want to be in cc, but I thought they maybe a good "just in case", not so? Same with the Vox Casters.

What to do with the spare points from those cuts?

Ah, AC’s make sense now!
Vox casters just cost too much, as both the units have to have them. As far as points go: I’ve found the 5point upgrade for melta bombs on the Sargents to be more then worth it. It’s a often an unseen threat on those cheap little guardsmen, pretty much a trade off for the vox casters.

HQ: the master of ordanace and the officer of the fleet are solid upgrades. OR 3 Ratlings. Small squads of ratlings are great fun, and threaten everything from terminators to MC’s.

Renegade
06-30-2010, 07:00 AM
Ah, AC’s make sense now!
Vox casters just cost too much, as both the units have to have them. As far as points go: I’ve found the 5point upgrade for melta bombs on the Sargents to be more then worth it. It’s a often an unseen threat on those cheap little guardsmen, pretty much a trade off for the vox casters.

HQ: the master of ordanace and the officer of the fleet are solid upgrades. OR 3 Ratlings. Small squads of ratlings are great fun, and threaten everything from terminators to MC’s.

Thinking about dropping the platoon Standards for LC hull weapons in the Russ's (Russ' (plural?)) for more AT and dropping 2 HB from the Chimera for HF.

Really wanting to stay mechanised as I have a hoard BT army. Mech is not that much or a bonus where I play (only one other player (orks with red paint) goes full mech regularly) as most people pack plenty of AT. If I could swap out enough points for a Penal speed bump, I would, but there isn't the spare points even if I cut the HQ down to size.

14- 18 str 7 shots a turn is not enough anti-MC or enough to worry anything else?

If I drop 2 vox casters for MBs... yeah that could work.

Lord Azaghul
06-30-2010, 07:18 AM
MC’s die to plasma the best. S7 is nice, but most of the time the MC will still have an armour save. However if you can load up with a full autocannon squad in the platoon (ie orders), they should fail a couple of saves.

My personal perfernce is not to have all that mech. Its just not a lot of fire power for 55+points, and 10 man guard squads are cheap! I usually on run with 2 or 3 chimeras, and put the rest of the points into heavy weapons squads for the platoons (3) (LC/AC/MTR) =240 pts or about 4 chimeras

Renegade
06-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Plasma is suppose to be exremely rare though (yes, I am a fluff nut) though I can supply a link to the fluff for my IG if you want, and in there case its rare to even see a plasma pistol on an officer.

I get what your saying though, but I want a mech army, I have a hoard one. Maybe at higher points, a couple of speed bumps.

Thanks for your help, I will look over the changes.

Lord Azaghul
06-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Well good luck and have fun! Nothing wrong with being a fluff nut.