PDA

View Full Version : 2,500 IG firepower list, no allies or PBS crap, just pure, raw firepower

Fuegan17
07-02-2010, 12:50 AM
I love shooting with my IG and I think this list helps me pretty much kill everything on sight.
Colossus can take care of those pesky long fangs/scouts/rangers/other infantry camper quickly,
Which I found out can prove to be a major problem for firepower IG because rushing just isn't fun against those damned missile launchers.

anyways on with the list

2,500 Imperial Guard - full-throttle firepower

410-HQ

205-CCS-4x Plasma , Plasma Pistol, Master of the Fleet, Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer
205-CCS-4x Plasma , Plasma Pistol, Astropath, Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer

565-Troops

255-Infantry Platoon
--105-PCS-4x Flamers, Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer
--150-3x Infantry Squad(1 in each vendetta unit)
155-Veteran Squad-3x Melta, Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer

780-Fast Attack

260-2x Vendettas
260-2x Vendettas
260-2x Vendettas

735-Heavy Support

160-Manticore w/ Heavy Flamer
415-Ordnance Battery-2x Colossus, 1x Medusa, all w/ Heavy Flamer

2,490 pts (what to do with those 10 points?)

Any comments, suggestions, or criticism?

Eyespy
07-02-2010, 02:05 AM
410-HQ

205-CCS-4x Plasma , Plasma Pistol, Master of the Fleet, Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer
205-CCS-4x Plasma , Plasma Pistol, Astropath, Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer

Very nice. My only though is to use multilasers and hull heavy flamers instead of just turret flamers (If thats what you're saying here). 3 S6 shots is good for punching transports and then the plasma teams can chew up the crunchy insides.

565-Troops

255-Infantry Platoon
--105-PCS-4x Flamers, Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer
--150-3x Infantry Squad(1 in each vendetta unit)

I would honestly reverse this and place the meltavets in the Vendettas. If you get first turn, you can Scout and melta something on turn 1. It can be devastating, whereas the basic infantry squads arn't doing much beyond objective grabbing.

780-Fast Attack
260-2x Vendettas
260-2x Vendettas
260-2x Vendettas

Basically begging your opponent to kick you in the balls, but otherwise cool.

735-Heavy Support

415-Ordnance Battery-2x Colossus, 1x Medusa, all w/ Heavy Flamer

This is where it breaks down. Colossus has a 24" min range and can't fire directly. The Medusa has a max 36" range and can't fire indirectly, giveing you a 12" overlapping field of fire, which is pretty bad.

If it were me, I'd drop the Medusa and one of the HQ's, and then use those points to buy two or three more veteran squads full of Plasma, meltas and flamers which then move into the Vendettas. Give the basic platoon squads a chimera and a heavy weapon to act as a pillbox.

Fuegan17
07-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Yes I meant hull heavy flamers, didn't even know they could take turret ones. lol

The infantry squads are there so I don't ever have to get out and still be scoring. Anything that gets out tends to die quite fast. And I don't play like commisar, I like to keep my men alive =P

And actually I think you're right, dropping the medusa for a plas vet squad wouldnt be too shabby. thanks for a good suggestion, People have been telling me that its bad but I needed more ap2 goodness and noone was giving me suggestions..... but a medusa is 135 and plas vet is 170 in a chimera, not sure how to get those points, drop plasma pistols... and I'm still 5 pts short.....or maybe just get another colossus in place?