View Full Version : 1750 points of Blood Angels

Sanguinary Dan
07-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Blood Angels 1750 point army
for general gaming vs all comers / tournaments
HQ
Commander Dante - with RAS-10

Elites
Furioso Dreadnought Librarian (Wings of Sanguinius & Fear of the Darkness or ????) - in SR
Brother Corbulo (Sanguinary High Priest) - in Razorback
Brother Darius (Sanguinary Priest) w/Jump Pack, Melta Bombs & Power Sword - with RAS

Troops
Sanguinary Guard w/Infernus Pistol, Power Fist & Chapter Banner - in SR
RAS-10 w/Thunder Hammer & 2 Melta Guns
RAS-5 w/Power Sword, Infernus Pistol, Melta Gun in Razorback w/Lascannon & tl Plasma Guns

Fast Attack
VAS-6 w/Jump Packs, Thunder Hammer & 2x Lightning Claws

Heavy Support
Stormraven w/tl Assault Cannons & Typhoon Missile Launchers

I'm working towards building THE list. I like having a single list that I play till I get bored with it. Or finish painting something new and shiny anyway. :) I'm pretty happy with most of this list. Most of it. The FL's powers and Razorback weapons mix are a little up in the air.

With the loss of upgrades on the Librarian dreadnought I'm not sure if a shooting power (FotD) is my best bet. Would Shield or one of the CC powers be a better option? I do love what FotD can do, but once I'm in combat it's kind of pointless. And with now being subject to Stunned I'm thinking that Might of Heroes (+1d3A) or Unleash Rage (rerolls) might help me destroy more of the enemy before they get the chance to swing that power fist. And of course with the Stormraven do I even need Wings?

Then there is the Razorback. It's a toss up between the LC/tlPG and tl Assault Cannon. And to be honest this is the hardest choice. The firepower of the ACs in nice but the guaranteed low AP and multiple weapons of the other turret is hard to resist. I could also go with tl Heavy Flamer + HK missile and then put Hurricane Bolter sponsons (or Extra Armor and a Locator Beacon) on the Stormraven by also dropping the SP's Melta Bombs.

What do you folks think?