PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point Chaos Marine army

Mykyl
07-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Here is a list that I would like some input on.

Daemon Prince 175 points
Mark of Nurgle + Wings + Warptime

Daemon Prince 155 points
Mark of Slaanesh + Wings + Lash of Submission

Summoned Greater Daemon 100 points

Plaque Marine Squad 266 points
Champion w/ Power Fist
6 marines w two meltaguns
Rhino w/combi-melta

Plaque Marine Squad 246 points
Champion
6 marines w/ two meltaguns
Rhino w/combi-melta

Noise Marine Squad 265 points
Champion w/ Doom Siren + Power Weapon
5 marines with 4 sonic blasters + 1 blastmaster
Rhino w/ combi-melta

Vindicator 145 points
Daemonic Possession

Vindicator 145 points
Daemonic Possession
===========
1497 points

Denzark
07-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Only 17 personnel to kill until you can't hold any objectives. At 1500 I don't think you can afford 2 DPs and a summoned GD, and 2 vindicators will be quickly served out by flanking anti armour.

eagleboy7259
07-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Noise Marines are pretty much considered a waste of points for what they do. Mark of Slaanesh is consideably better on units like Terminators or C Marines then on a unit like this. Why gain an Initiave boost if you're going to suck in CC anyways? Assault bolters and an overpriced missle launcher type thing don't exactly make them dangerous shooters either. Heck even Thousand Sons fulfill the same role for better. Better to drop them and take basically anything else.

I believe that your standard Defiler is much better for the points than your Daemonically Possessed Vindicators. Not only does the battle cannon boast a range that will let you get off a volley of fire in your first turn, but they are also walkers allowing you to tie up enemy units or counter-charge if your Plague Marines get in trouble. The Vindi is also completely worthless once the Demolisher Cannon gets blown off, whereas the Defiler is still a CC terror is the same happens to it.

I also agree that you should drop the Greater Demon. Why bother upgrading all of your Champions if you are just going to kill it off for a Greater Demon? So with the 365pts you save from the Noise Marines and the Greater Demon you should buy up more troops and possibly add some more heavy support. 2x Obliterators, 2x 5 Strong Demon Packs, Defilers for Vindi's, and powerfirst on the other champion.... or whatever you choose.

Sooller
07-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Summoned Greater Daemon 100 points

Drop the greater daemon, once it has been summoned it tends to be too slow to get anywhere, and you already have two daemon princes which as a lot better.

For these 100 points - I would take 3x terminators with 2x combi-melta. Have these guys deep strike (don't forget icons) in round 2 and blow up some expensive vehicle and cause havoc. I use them as an expandable unit to distract my opponent - which usually works.

Plaque Marine Squad 266 points
Champion w/ Power Fist
6 marines w two meltaguns
Rhino w/combi-melta

Plaque Marine Squad 246 points
Champion
6 marines w/ two meltaguns
Rhino w/combi-melta

Plague marines are the way to go! I usually go for smaller and cheaper with 5x PM in a Rhino with 2 melta's = 170 points and take 3 units at least.

Noise Marine Squad 265 points
Champion w/ Doom Siren + Power Weapon
5 marines with 4 sonic blasters + 1 blastmaster
Rhino w/ combi-melta

I would drop these guys. Stick with PM.

[FONT="Georgia"][/FONT
Vindicator 145 points
Daemonic Possession

Vindicator 145 points
Daemonic Possession

I swear with Obliterators as heavy support. So I would replace this with 2x 2 obliterators. If you put some icons with the plague marines you can use these guys to deep strike, they are also great to place them in cover and provide fire support. With 4 oblits you got 4 las/plasma canons so you can take on any opponent, if they are too close you got a multi-melta or heavy flamer and finally a nice powerfist :-).

Another good point about oblits is that they usually survive my battles because people prefer to shoot on bigger targets.

I usually use a cheap predator to draw fire. Don't forget the psychological factor, people prefer to blow up something big than to waste fire power on a single model like an oblits.

For the same reason I have dropped the defiler, it is a nice unit, especially with 2 extra combat arms, but it used to draw too much fire and never survived round 2, so I dropped it.