PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt IG - all in vehicles, critique invited...

Denzark
07-02-2010, 11:44 AM
What do you think of the following:

HQ
Primaris Psyker 70
Primaris Psyker 70

Troops

Veterans, 1 3 x flamers Chimaera 140
Veterans, 1 3 x Plasma Chimaera 170
Veterans, 1 3 x flamers Gunny Harker Chimaera 195

Elites
Malleus Inquisitor, 1 2 x Mystic Hierophant bolt pistol Psychic Hood 61

Fast Attack
Hellhound, 1 Multi-melta Heavy Stubber 155
Hellhound, 1 Multi-melta Heavy Stubber 155

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Dem, 1 Multi-Melta Sponsons Lascannon Extra Armour 225
Leman Russ Dem, 1 Plasma Cannons Lascannon Extra Armour 235

Points Summary:
HQ: 140
Troops: 505
Elites: 61
Fast Attack: 310
Heavy Support: 460
Total: 1476

The plan.

Harker and a primaris, + 3 flamer vet squad outflank in chimaera to counter back line trickery (-primaris if special rule doesn't trnasfer).
The inq, in chimaera with 3 plasma vet squad, bunkered on my main objective, with russes adjacent - to offer sneaky mystic shots at DS types. Also my psychic defence.
The other vets + primaris in chimaera, somewhere in depth.

The HH can move 12" each turn and either flame hordes and then stubber them whilst requiring a 6 in hth, or will act as poor mans anti tank with multi meltas. These will try and sting the opposition into getting into demolisher range.

The sponsons I am stuck on (its what was on the model!) but the type may change.

I need some ideas on what to spend the last few points on - I am a fan of stubbers, but thinking of trading out a HH to get every vehicle extra armour.

I appreciate commentary.

Aldramelech
07-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Lots of short range AT there, how about some HK's for the long punch?

Sangre
07-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Never been a huge fan of the Primaris psyker in a codex with the obscenity of the Sanctionate Squad.

Denzark
07-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Just keep thinking 2d6 S6 shots...

Porty1119
07-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Drop the special character and convince yourself to buy the squad meltaguns. Just saying, this list is very small and I don't think I would have much of an issue fighting it with my 1k list.

And Mystics. Really?!? Ally cheese has NO PLACE outside of tournaments.

Denzark
07-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Thank you for your comment. Yes, this is for a tournament, although as Inquisition allies are not only rules legal, but very acceptable fluff wise, I must respectfully disagree with a call of cheese.

I would be surprised if you had a 1k list that could deal with this army no problem, excepting cityfight or planetstrike - to the point I would probably wager a years wage against a day of yours that this would not be any sort of walkover.;)