PDA

View Full Version : The Stig

Master Bryss
07-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Doing 'serious' custom rules isn't always fun. So here goes...

Some say he is a missing Primarch. Others claim he is a saint and worship the very ground he drives across. All we know is, he's called The Stig.

Over time, other races have seen their own Stigs emerge. These so-called 'cousins' demonstrate the skills of the original, feth, may even BE the original.

A vehicle in the hands of a Stig becomes one of the most powerful weapons a general could have. The Stig however, is much more interested in seeing if he can beat the Gumpert Apollo's time in a Rhino.

Any non-walker vehicle that has a crew may take The Stig for+100 points. He, and any retinue he may take, is a Scoring Unit.

Rules:

Preferred Enemy: Barichello

Tame Racing Driver: Any vehicle commandeered by The Stig becomes Fast and may move up to 24" flat out.

Most Awful Sound: The Stig's music choice is...eccentric to say the least. Currently the Bee Gees. Any unit wishing to embark a transport driven by the Stig must first pass a Leadership check at -1.

Power Lap: The Stig is motivated purely by the urge to do laps. Unless immobilised he must move at at least Cruising Speed each turn. His vehicle always benefits from a 5+ Cover Save. He cannot be Stunned.

Powerslide: The Stig is able to powerslide tanks with no difficulty at all, although it baffles people that he can do it with skimmers. Any tank piloted by the Stig may make a special Tank Shock move. First, declare how far The Stig will move, then move him half this distance, pivot the vehicle at least 90 degrees and move forward the remaining distance. Any unit hit by this attack will take D6 SX hits, with the strength of the attack being the same strength the vehicle would have if it were to ram someone moving the full distance.

No Death or Glory attempts may be made against this. The Stig will stop moving if he hits a vehicle with better or equal Front Armour to him. Any other unit must give way after being hit.

Repair: The Stig is followed by a team of mechanics who attend to his wheels should they be damaged. If he suffers an Immobilised result, he may attempt to fix it during the Shooting Phase instead of shooting. On a roll of 4+ the vehicle is repaired any may start moving next turn. If The Stig has a retinue, this roll is increased to 3+.

Options:

TG Retinue: The Stig's vehicle may be accompanied by 1-3 Dedicated Transports (which must be able to move) at 20+ cost of models points. These vehicles count as a squadron, (The Stig may join and leave them in the same manner as an Independent Character) and have the Amphibious rule. They benefit from the Tame Racing Driver rule if The Stig joins them.

Blithering Idiots: Each vehicle in the Retinue may be upgraded to one of the following Idiots for 50 points per vehicle:

Clarkson - The entire squadron may re-roll difficult terrain tests, gain an extra D3" movement with no penalty for movement, but +1 to any rolls on the damage table made against them

Hammond - Hammond has the uncanny ability to survive horrible accidents (rocket car, the Scandinavian Flick Rascal van). The retinue may ignore a single "vehicle destroyed" result per game, counting it as stunned instead. Though hammond's brightened teeth reduce the retinue's cover save by 1. Also Hammond's hatred for caravans knows no bounds, the retinue may +1 to any penetration roll against transports.

May - The squadron may fire all of their weapons, even at cruising speed. However, roll a D6 at the start of the Movement Phase. On a roll of 1 May's vehicle does nothing for the entire turn. The other vehicles in the squadron may abandon him although May will not be destroyed.

Black Stig: The Stig's vehicle may purchase Black Stig for +50 points. This grants him the ability to fire 1 extra weapon at each movement speed and 1 weapon while shaken. However, at the start of the turn, roll a D6. On a 1, Black Stig temporarily possesses White Stig. The vehicle must do a Powerslide or Ram this turn whilst moving flat out.

Star in a Reasonably Priced Transport:Any character that is 'Unique' (i.e. Special Characters in older codicies) may join the Stig's retinue and attempt to keep up with him.To represent this, add a transport with no options to the squadron for 20+ cost of model points. The Special Characer in question may fire out of the transport with their ranged weapons at their BS, but cannot use their Special Rules. The squadron can ignore Immobilised results (as so many Stars have lost wheels before), however must roll at the start of the game to see if it is a wet track. On a 5+, the squadron has it's maximum movement reduced by 6".

Have at it people.

Kelbor hal
07-03-2010, 10:43 AM
You sir, are a god.

Master Bryss
07-03-2010, 10:52 AM
You sir, are a god.

Takes a bow. A rose is thrown at me. I take an S3, AP1 hit from the prickles and suffer Instant Death.

Kelbor hal
07-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Takes a bow. A rose is thrown at me. I take an S3, AP1 hit from the prickles and suffer Instant Death.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/6/20/justasplanne128584548650291636.jpg

Aldramelech
07-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Excellent.

Check out my "Who is Melissia" thread in the obulette, you should enjoy it :)

Master Bryss
07-04-2010, 04:52 AM
Excellent.

Check out my "Who is Melissia" thread in the oubliette, you should enjoy it :)

That was what inspired me to create this, along with this:

Aldramelech
07-04-2010, 05:41 AM
That was what inspired me to create this, along with this:

Excellent!:D

Faultie
07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I love, love, love these rules. Bravo, and well done!

TSINI
07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
This is an amazing ruleset.

I did think of a rediculous option for the retinue

Blithering Idiots

each vehicle in the Retinue may be upgraded to one of the following idiots for 50points per vehicle

Clarkson - the entire squadron may re-roll difficult terrain tests, gain an extra D3" movement with no penalty for movement, but +1 to any rolls on the damage table made against them
Hammond - The squadron gains a 4+ cover save
May - the squadron may fire all of their weapons, even at cruising speed.

Master Bryss
07-09-2010, 12:56 PM
This is an amazing ruleset.

I did think of a rediculous option for the retinue

Blithering Idiots

each vehicle in the Retinue may be upgraded to one of the following idiots for 50points per vehicle

Clarkson - the entire squadron may re-roll difficult terrain tests, gain an extra D3" movement with no penalty for movement, but +1 to any rolls on the damage table made against them
Hammond - The squadron gains a 4+ cover save
May - the squadron may fire all of their weapons, even at cruising speed. However, roll a D6 at the start of the Movement Phase. On a roll of 1 May's vehicle does nothing for the entire turn. The other vehicles in the squadron may abandon him although May will not be destroyed..

I laughed so much at that, then added the typical James May drawback in. It had to be done. Consider this integrated in.

TSINI
07-09-2010, 01:11 PM
HAHAHA!! thats amazing

I was racking my brain for some drawbacks for the other 2, but lets face it, theres no drawback to being richard hammond, he may be short, but hes got a knack for shaking off any serious damage.

abandoning may is inspired

SotonShades
07-10-2010, 07:25 AM
I'm sure we can incorporate a "Star in a Reasonably Price Car" here somehow.

Any character that is 'Unique' (i.e. Special Characters in older codicies) may join the Stig's retinue, take the cheapest transport option for the relevent army with no upgrades and attempt to keep up with the Stig. the squadron can ignore imbolised results (as so many Stars have lost wheels before), however must roll at the start of the game to see if it is a wet track. On a 5+, the squadron has it's maximum movement reduced by 6".

Can anyone think of anything for the ghost of Black Stig? Just lay off the Nitrous and/or aircraft carriers

TSINI
07-10-2010, 07:37 AM
this thread just gets better and better

Herald of Nurgle
07-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Black Stig drives a Valkyrie? Which comes with Power of the Machine Spirit?

Faultie
07-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Perhaps Black Stig *is* a Power of the Machine Spirit that you can give to any model in the retinue?

Aldramelech
07-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Hammond should reduce cover rolls due to having his teeth whitened

TSINI
07-11-2010, 04:50 AM
ok, updated rules for hammond

Hammond
Hammond has the uncanny ability to survive horrible accidents (rocket car, the scandinavian flick rascal van) the retinue may ignore a single "vehicle destroyed" result per game, counting it as stunned instead. Though hammond's brightened teeth reduce the retinue's cover save by 1. Also hammond's hatred for caravans knows no bounds, the retinue may +1 to any penetration roll against transports.

not sure what the old stig would do, maybe be a guardian angel for the new stig, maybe allowing a re-roll on the damage table?

Master Bryss
07-12-2010, 05:11 AM
Lots to reply to here, so here we go:

@TSINI: Hamster's rules have been updated.

@Sotonshades: "Through the follow-through, that's fast, into the second to last corner, into Yarrick and ACROSS THE LINE!" Problem with this is that a certain Mr M. Ward may claim that Calgar did the the track in 1:30.1 whilst driving one-handed and fending off a Bloodthirster. This will need work but if it's fun, it's in!

@Prettymucheveryone: I'm liking the idea of Black Stig as a Machine Spirit. Consider it done.

I have also added a completely useless Special Rule to The Stig, but you will understand why I did it if you know what I'm talking about.

DrLove42
07-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Preferred Enemy: Barichello

Win