Commander - Meltabombs
Veterans - Vox, Meltagunx3

Troops
Veteran Squad (+Chimera)- 220pts - Grenadiers
Vet. Sgt. - Plasma pistol
Vets - Plasmagun x3

Veteran Squad - 130pts - Demolitions
Vet. Sgt. - Shotgun
Vets - Meltagun x3, Shotgun x3 (ran out of scout shotguns to steal)

Infantry Platoon
Platoon Command Squad - 57pts
Junior Officer - Bolt pistol
Guardsmen - Flamerx2, H. Flamerx1 and Vox

Infantry Squad - 97pts
Sergeant - bolt pistol
Commissar
Guardsmen - Vox, GL

Infantry Squad - 57pts
Sergeant - bolt pistol
Guardsmen - GL

Infantry Squad - 57pts
Sergeant - bolt pistol
Guardsmen - GL

Infantry Squad - 57pts
Sergeant - bolt pistol
Guardsmen - GL

Infantry Squad - 57pts
Sergeant - bolt pistol
Guardsmen - GL

Fast Attack
Armoured Sentinel Squadron - 3 Sentinels - 218pts
Sentinel - Missile Launcher, Search Light

Vendetta Gunship Squadron - 1 Vehicle - XXXpts
Vendetta

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Squadron - 1 tank - 220pts
Leman Russ Executioner - Hull HF, Sponson Plasma C

Leman Russ Squadron - 1 tank- 170pts
Leman Russ battle Tank - Hull HB, Sponson HBs

Leam Russ Squadron - 1 tank - 170pts
Leman Russ Battle Tank - Hull HB, Sponson HBs

TOTAL 1,847

(The Infantry platoon is going to deploy as a 50-man squad. And of course, the melta vets are going to ride the vendetta.)
I am most likely going to be facing some MEQs, with the very small chance of fighting orks or IG.
I was also considering the idea of switching the PCS to have only GLs instead.
Ideas, thoughts, complaints?

LoverzCry
07-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Um, Ok. Well, lets start off with some compliments... Your HQ squad, very sexy and solid, I love it.
Sentinels, you can never go wrong with, also sexy.

Where this list is lacking, is really truly in your Troops. Running a 50 man squad, although it's in theory pretty beefy, it's actually very squishy and a HUGE just MASSIVE target. Everything is going to shoot, and kill it with that T3. My suggestion: Take that down to some fewer, more solid squads in Chimeras, and some more variation to your Infantry Squad. Throw in some more heavy weapons and other special guys. Make them more of a threat than a squad of 50 dudes with flashlights...

Your vendetta gunship, I can't remember if it's like the Blood Angels ship or not in that it can carry more than one unit, but if it can, I'd change that other Vet squad to Melta's, and throw them into their as well, both with as few units as you can possibly take them down to. If not, take some spare points and buy that other vet squad a Chimera or some meaty protection to hide behind as they charge towards the enemy.

I personally don't like Mek-heavy lists for IG, and persoanally really really LOVE Sentinels, but I guess everyone has their own little quirks they like for their armies whether it be tanks or walkers : P

Umm... Really all else I can say is add more variety to your army. As much as vanilla, repetitive lists do well, ones that lack too much really can't do anything at all. A couple squads of Eldar, or Marines, or really anything with a good line-up and some decent rolls, and that 50man squad will go *squish*.

Post up some questions and revisions, and I'll be more than happy to take a look at it again : )

Oh, quick note, you seem to have missed your Commissar in your 50 man squad if you do plan on running it. A 50 man squad without at least 1 Commissar, is gonna take one tough hit to its numbers, crumble, and fall back towards your table edge and be done. Think on that as well. :)

Paddy McMurderrage
07-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Mary Mother of Jaysus, what are you gonna do when you have to make a Leadership check on those 50 IG men without a Commissar?