PDA

View Full Version : NEW Warhammer Fantasy this week! More news about it.

darklament
07-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Hey guys at BolS - how about more articles/editorals/musings on the new Warhammer Fantasy Battle? I know the US of A is all about 40k but I think people here need to know how important this release is & how everyone who likes miniature games should give this edition a try. Open your mind, folks. There's more to gaming then bolters - sometimes it's more fun to pick up a sword.

So please, even more coverage would be cool. :)

-Jefferson

Drew da Destroya
07-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Open your mind, folks. There's more to gaming then bolters - sometimes it's more fun to pick up a sword.

Yeah! dere's shootas, an sluggas, an Klaws too!

Melissia
07-06-2010, 01:43 PM
And the occasional tank!

Oh wait that applies to both games.

Gotthammer
07-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Pantalooooons!!!

Only thing I can think of exclusive to WHFB.

Edit: actually some RT artwork had them too - the colour picture with the guy with the Crocatalid on a leash.

Col_Festus
07-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah... sometimes you should pick up a sword, and a pistol, and a giant steam powered robot! Oh wait..

addamsfamily36
07-07-2010, 02:36 PM
its hard to find much in warhammer fantasy that isn;t in 40k.

When they designed 40k they obviosuly went

"ok so heres our warhammer fantasy game how bout we just take that, add guns add some futuristic armour background tanks?"

"sound good?"

"yup"

"yup"

"yup"

"great well meeting adjourned"

wahla! 40K was born

NonComPoop
07-07-2010, 03:20 PM
It's funny that bolters, needlers and power swords all existed in Warhammer fantasy a few years before 40k came into being. In 2nd ed. Warhammer the amazons used weapons of the ancients (old ones) that included these staples of 40k.

Melissia
07-07-2010, 03:21 PM
That's because back then they were under the delusion that it was a good idea to connect the two franchises.

NonComPoop
07-07-2010, 03:48 PM
4th edition had a siege book that gave points conversion and rules for fighting a battle between 40k and fantasy forces. It was under the premise that the 40k folks were on a fuedal world and that the fantasy races were the backward versions of thier 40 k cousins. I recall that it worked out rather oddly: with a squad of marines being the equivilent of a whole fantasy army.

The Madman
07-09-2010, 10:25 AM
to anyone who has got their 8th edition book, has anyone else noticed a small flyer on the inside of the book which is an Errata for victory points. i understand them for not reproducing all the shipments for a single paragraph but you'd think they'd proof read it properly.