PDA

View Full Version : Invocation of Nehek

Bard of Twilight
07-06-2010, 01:07 PM
All spells are supposed to be casted on a minimum of 3+. LVL1 Vampires cast Inv. of Nehek on a 3+.So what happens when a Vampire with "Lord of Dead" Vampiric Power casts In.o.Neh. on a unit of Skeletons? Is this spell casted on a 2+ in that case?

Gotthammer
07-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Technically, yes, but as far as I know all rolls on a single dice of 1 or 2 always fail regardless.

It's basically a mechanism (along with random power dice) to cut down on repeatedly using IoN and the like with a bajillion power dice per turn.
To alleviate it I see Vampires taking Master of the Black Arts (+2 dice) and the Black Peripiat (save a dice) a lot to increase the pure number of guaranteed dice a turn.

Bard of Twilight
07-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Still, The Master Vampiric powers are usefull because they permit you to augment the number of some units beyond their starting size. Anyway,IoN was never casted (in 7th edition) on less than a 3+ ( that happened if you had purchased some "Master" Vamp. Power). I assume that this is something to be solved by some future
Erata...

07-10-2010, 01:06 PM
When attempting to cast a spell, the dice rolled must equal 3 or more or the spell fails regardless of modifiers. +1 to your casting attempts is not +1 to your die roll, but to the total casting value, including other modifiers (skull staff, lord of the dead, wizard level, etc).

A vampire attempting to spam cast Invocation must roll a 3+ on the dice otherwise lose focus. Single-die casting is largely dead for Vampire Counts, I believe.

Gotthammer
07-10-2010, 02:17 PM
This, combined with the Blood Drinker and Tomb Blade no longer stacking with Lord of the Dead is coing to make things veeery interesting for my army. I can see people wanting to go for Summon Undead horde, with its +12 castin for 3D6 wounds being a better ratio when you really need to use multiple dice and don't have many.