PDA

View Full Version : Question about Dead Sky, Black Sun and Uriel's Timeline

johnnyfoodmaster
07-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Hey guys,
I just finished the Ultramarines Omnibus and it was really awesome. The question I have is about an event that Uriel and Pasanius talk about. At one point Uriel talks about the time they fought Orks on a space hulk and Pasanius says how that was the time that he realized that his arm was strange. Also, who were they referring to when they said that they battled a rogue psyker? I feel like I forgot everything already. Heh.

So, did I miss something or did it not actually happen in print and they talked about it to confuse the readers?

Nabterayl
07-06-2010, 06:05 PM
It didn't happen in print, though I don't think it was literally done to confuse readers :p More like to remind the readers that these characters have lives outside of their books.

johnnyfoodmaster
07-06-2010, 06:12 PM
I thought so! That was a pretty big deal for Pasanius to realize his arm was strange. Then he refers to it as though we should remember that time. :)

dvs1
07-06-2010, 08:12 PM
The tale they are talking about happens between the events on Pavonis ( nightbringer), and warriors of ultramar. It was in the short story comp- crucible of war. They cleanse a hulk filled with orks , as well as some unexpected guests. Its here that Pasanius realizes that all is not well from his injuries dealt by the nightbringer. Not to sure where they fight the rogue psyker though. Maybe a short story in the omnibus?

david5th
07-07-2010, 10:06 AM
The tale they are talking about happens between the events on Pavonis ( nightbringer), and warriors of ultramar. It was in the short story comp- crucible of war. They cleanse a hulk filled with orks , as well as some unexpected guests. Its here that Pasanius realizes that all is not well from his injuries dealt by the nightbringer. Not to sure where they fight the rogue psyker though. Maybe a short story in the omnibus?

I think the rogue psyker is just a bit of background fluff. Theres no extra material in the omnibus, just the Chains Of Command short story and the first 3 main novels.