PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Armour 2 Update

Aegis
08-13-2009, 09:51 AM
So, this is probably a dumber question than the one I asked regarding walkers, but here goes...

I was glancing through the IA2 update, and looking at the fun vehicles, and I noticed something odd... None of the entries have fire points listed on them. I though, well maybe it was just he Inq. stuff, but I looked into the SM stuff as well, and no go...

So, my question, for those who know, am I just boned, without fire points on things like the Inq. Rhino/Chimera? Or, was that a typo on the part of the writers/editors?

Also, a minor note, but what is the level of acceptance Imperial Armour stuff gets in the tournament scene? Allowed, disallowed, or is by the decision of the organizers?

Nabterayl
08-13-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't think IA2U is designed to be read in isolation. You're supposed to read it in conjunction with IA2, and where the two overlap, IA2U takes precedence. So fire points and access points would be as covered in IA2.

Aegis
08-13-2009, 10:50 AM
I don't think IA2U is designed to be read in isolation. You're supposed to read it in conjunction with IA2, and where the two overlap, IA2U takes precedence. So fire points and access points would be as covered in IA2.

Okay, that was the answer I was hoping for. I was just worried about a RAW scenario coming in, and biting me on the ***.

BuFFo
08-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Also, a minor note, but what is the level of acceptance Imperial Armour stuff gets in the tournament scene?

Generally, zero.

You need to contact the organizer if they don't have a set of allowable rules otherwise.

Starion
08-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Also, a minor note, but what is the level of acceptance Imperial Armour stuff gets in the tournament scene? Allowed, disallowed, or is by the decision of the organizers?

The few tournies I've been to, it's been mentioned in the rules pack - always "no FW models" - though I'd take that to mean 'No IA'. Otherwise all the people with nice chapter/legion doors, extra armour, spaced armour, etc would get pretty screwed. Though you never did see drop pods back then....

Spartan
08-15-2009, 12:32 AM
What does "no FW models" mean? If I field a Medusa, closed crew compartment like this one : http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/medenc.htm would that be "illegal"? It`s a FW model, but it`s based on the Chimera chassis. I see some tourneys mention that one can use models that are based on a GW chassis with minor modifications.

So, do I really have to buy a GW chimera, put on the FW special parts to make it legal, do I just field it as it is and say that I have done so :rolleyes:, or is it usually fine in these circumstances?

Starion
08-15-2009, 01:20 AM
The rules for converted models were that it must have been at least 50%GW model, and based on a GW model. That was for those people that used 'other parts', such as the "Hello Kitty" dreadnaught (http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/scanner/2008/05/16-22/HelloKittyDreadnought_600we.jpg).
As I said above, it seemed that if it was FW upgrades to Codex models, using Codex rules, it was fine. But if the model was from one of the IA books alone (like Drop Pods before the plastic one, LR variants not in the Codex, such as the Prometheus, etc), then they were the "no-no's"

Spartan
08-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Thank you for clarefying that! Now I don`t have to go through complicated explanations was I to bring these kinds of models to a tournament :)