PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar 2k

LoverzCry
07-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Hey there guys, kinda wanting to get into DE, but probably going to wait until the new dex and models come out. Here's a list though that I came up with just to get a feel over the codex.

HQ:
277 - Asdrubael Vect

Elites:
140 - 10 man Wyches (Wych Weapons, 2x Blaster)
75 - Raider (Night Shield, Scaling Nets)
140 - 10 man Wyches (Wych Weapons, 2x Blaster)
75 - Raider (Night Shield, Scaling Nets)

Troops:
120 - 10 man Raider Squad (2xSplinter Cannon, 2xShredder)
60 - Raider (Scaling Nets)
96 - 5 man Raider Squad (Syrabite, Webway Portal)
110 - 10 man Warrior Squad (2xBlaster, 2xDark Lance)
110 - 10 man Warrior Squad (2xBlaster, 2xDark Lance)
80 - 10 man Warrior Squad

Heavy Support:
100 - Talos
100 - Talos
100 - Talos

LoverzCry
07-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Gee thanks guys for the comments... Bumping post for results.

LoverzCry
07-16-2010, 11:49 AM
C'mon guys, some feedback would be nice... after a week D:

BlindGunn
07-16-2010, 01:11 PM
K - you want feedback - let's see if I can help! :D

I've never used Vect - can't really offer anything on him. I DO like using Incubi with my Archon - mounted in a Raider for Speed (of course)

Wyches in Raiders - Great choice, but I would upgrade each to include a Succubus and give it Combat Drugs and an Agonizer. Agonizer can deal with the walkers and such that normal wyches have a hard time with. Remember, can't use Blaster while in CC. Always take Plasma Grenades as you NEED to get into CC and 1st strike where possible. Haywire grenades are expensive, so you may not want to spend the points on them. If the squad gets caught in CC with a Dread, you'll have a rough time without the Haywires.

Never used Scaling nets, but that's because I tend to run out of points for them.

You have too many Troop Choices - basic lists only allow a maximum of 6 - you have 7. Need to remove one unit - sorry!

Raider squads are good. If you need the points for something else, feel free to reduce the number of Warriors per squad - they shouldn't leave the Raider unless forced to. I've done well with 5 & 6 man teams in mine.

2 Warrior Squads with Dark Lances and Blasters - you should probably drop the Blasters and buy Dark lances for the remaining warrior squad (if you don't drop it). These should be providing covering fire to take out tanks - not much else. If you want an "assault unit" of warriors, go Splinter Cannons and Blasters - much more effective. But you'll find the Wyches are more effective in CC than the warriors will be.

Talos - well - I've had no luck with them. I can never roll enough attacks to make them worthwhile. One is nice for flavour, but I wouldn't go with 3. You're better off with a Ravager (IMHO) or two. Mine usually have a mix of Disintegrator and Dark Lances. (1 DL and 2 Dis is most popular choice I've seen, but I like 2 DL and a Dis for Tank Hunting.) Keep the Ravagers at long range and add a Night Shield to make them harder to hit (opponent will need to devote heavy weapons - assault weapons ususally won't have the range to reach them if they moved).

No Fast choices in your list - I would recommend a unit of Bikes with a Blaster (or 2) upgrade. I find they're very fast and can move around the table to help prop-up a flank attack or just go tank hunting (3 mikes with 2 Blasters is great for this). If you add a Succubus with Combat Drugs and another Agonizer to a unit of 5 or more, they're pretty good in CC.

I see you have a Webway Portal. This is the hardest choice - what to hold back in reserve for the Webway. Too few deployed units and they could potentially all be destroyed before you can deploy the portals and loose all your reserves. I would keep the Wyches back just because once they loose their raiders, they're cannon fodder. They need to get out and deploy and assault in the first turn. Also recommend the Talos as a Webportal reserve. It's not fast enough for the rest of the army, normally.

I would recommend a 2nd Webwayportal as a back-up just in case. Even if it's just kept with the Sniper Warriors - in the event the Raider squad is destroyed before you have a chance to deploy it. (I keep one with my Archon and one with a Warrior squad - just in case one is destroyed. Archon has to disembark turn one and deploy turn 2 I find. From 1/2 way up the table, I can usually assault anything with Raiders after that.)

If you don't already have the models - I would definitely wait for the new release. ;)

Good Luck!

LoverzCry
07-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I haven't invested in any models yet. I'm waiting to see the new ones :D

Thanks alot for the input on my lists. I'll try and revise it a bit, and post an updated version of it after this weekend. I'm heading down to my college, and I won't have my computer with me... Won't be getting my laptop for a little while yet :P Thanks for the review! I'm not too familiar with the DE, even though I play Eldar and they're relatively similar xD

BlindGunn
07-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I haven't invested in any models yet. I'm waiting to see the new ones :D

Thanks alot for the input on my lists. I'll try and revise it a bit, and post an updated version of it after this weekend. I'm heading down to my college, and I won't have my computer with me... Won't be getting my laptop for a little while yet :P Thanks for the review! I'm not too familiar with the DE, even though I play Eldar and they're relatively similar xD
ooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo! :eek:

Don't let the Master hear you say things like that! It'll be the Pit of Dispair for you for sure! ;)

40kGamer
07-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Dark Eldar <> Eldar!!!

Agree with a lot of the previous comments.

Night Shields and Scaling Nets aren't usually worth the points. I usually run a ton of cheap raider squads and a couploe of sniper squads. (10 warriors w 2 dk lances)

Wyches are great. The succubus with an agoniser is key if you want them to do actually kill much of anything. Haywire grenades do not pay their points back. Honestly, If you have 10-20 dark lances + a bunch of blasters running around you shouldn't need them... and at 2000 points 20 dk lances is easy to pull off...

Of course the new dex will likely shake things up a lot. For Khaine's sake, it's been over a decade! :D

Zeranth
07-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Yes combat drugs and agonizers always rip my marines to shreds. Sad to say though. If you dont have those most units in CC will walk right over you. I also agree with everyone else that unless you just have the points haywire grenades just arent worth it.