PDA

View Full Version : Which Space marine codex is better?

Emperorsmercy
08-13-2009, 12:27 PM
There are now 5 space marines codexes, some well known, some less well known. But which one do you think is the most effective? I think a codex chapter has an obvious advantage over the others, but I may be wrong. What are your thoughts?

GrandmasterRay
08-13-2009, 01:54 PM
codex space marines. (kind of a silly question.....:D)

BuFFo
08-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Space Wolves....

A decade old codex that uses the updated Space Marine Codex as it's companion.

Just awesome.

robertsjf
08-13-2009, 04:22 PM
The best codex is the one that was written most recently, unless written by JJ. Thus Codex: Space Marine is currently the best and will be until the release of Codex : Space Vikings.

Hades Alpha
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I think they all have their strength and weakness, except for the DA. They are bad in everyway...

My vote goes to the Templars though. They are the most effective but also the most boring to play :p.

Rodwonder
08-13-2009, 07:28 PM
I liked the Dark Angels...

blueshift
08-14-2009, 04:50 PM
poor dark angels.

i liked them, too Rodwonder. My friend has been playing them since third and its been really sad to see their decline. He still brings enough plasma to level anything though!

Durfast Spiritwolf
08-15-2009, 08:36 AM
It's a pity that the other chapter codexes weren't written along the line of C:SW in drawing major systems from C:SM so that they could remain fairly update to date.

Chumbalaya
08-15-2009, 08:21 PM
DA and BA suffer from being beta test armies, but they have their uses (BA = all jump packs, DA = scoring Terminators, AV14 Speeder, Apothecaries like crazy).

SW are a mess mixing 3rd edition rules with the new Codex.

BT still have a lot of nasty tricks like LR spam, 20 man squads sprinting across the board, and dual AC Vet squad termie units.

The current SM book is the best competitively because of the variety of viable builds within. The other 4 are so old or outdated that they have very few viable builds compared to normal SM.