The vengence of sigmar 110
Hellblaster volley gun

The twin comets 200
2 cannons

Mor's tally 75
Mortar

thoughts ?

suggestions ?

I have a large empire army and can replace the knights with a smaller block or 2 of infantry.

Herald of Nurgle
07-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Cool. This is the list i'm planning so far. 2k pts.

Master Engineer with Hochland Long Rifle. 85

20 Handgunners with Full Command. 180. 4 Ranks of 5.
20 Handgunners with Full Command. 180. 4 Ranks of 5.
11 Swordsmen with Musician, Standard Bearer. 81. 4 Ranks of 3.
11 Swordsmen with Musician, Standard Bearer. 81. 4 Ranks of 3 .

Great Cannon. 100
Great Cannon. 100
Great Cannon. 100
Mortar. 75
Mortar. 75
Mortar. 75

Helstorm Rocket Battery. 115
Helstorm Rocket Battery. 115
Helblaster Volley Gun. 110
Helblaster Volley Gun. 110

Majorcrash
07-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Well after a marathon round of gaming last nite. The Local gw store stayed open till midnight to sell the new edition. I played against a darkelf and then against a Warriors of chaos player. I brought empire with a sort of gunline. Two things i learned if your going to play with magic bring a wizard lord, if you dont bring a wizard the game is going to be two hours of watching your opponent pound you with magic. The warriors of chaos showed me that gunlines will have maybe 2 turn to shoot, (maybe) then the wall of steal will roll over you. The mark of nurgle is very difficult to shoot. Now i didnt bring any cannons or mortars, but did have two hell blasters and a steam tank. The steamtank is a god, nothing could touch it. The hell blasters did what they always do. I think mortars and rocket launchers will also be great. Plus I think a tactic i learned play IG in 3ed and 4th ed 40k will apply with empire. That of the pealed onion. Row after row of troops to give your missle troops time to shoot.

Dwarflord17404
07-10-2010, 11:07 AM
I have not been able to read anything from the new rulebook yet concerning bound magic How do the unbound spells work in this edtion ? I have always loved my warrior priests.

2nd thought . Chaos units are small so shouldn't a horde unit with a suppoprting flank charge wallop the smaller chasos units? Static combat units still works right.

The gunline looks soild. I might suggest replacing the swordsmen for some knights or pistoliers for mobility to harrass your oppent's warmachines and flanks.

Herald of Nurgle
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I have not been able to read anything from the new rulebook yet concerning bound magic How do the unbound spells work in this edtion ? I have always loved my warrior priests.

2nd thought . Chaos units are small so shouldn't a horde unit with a suppoprting flank charge wallop the smaller chasos units? Static combat units still works right.

The gunline looks soild. I might suggest replacing the swordsmen for some knights or pistoliers for mobility to harrass your oppent's warmachines and flanks.
Warrior Priests use your army's power dice to cast spells and cannot channel.

BlindGunn
07-16-2010, 03:45 PM
I've been trying to come up with a list for my army @ 2000 points, but am getting overwhelmed with the Character choices I have now. By the time I have all the characters I want/can afford, I'm low on points for the rest of the army! :O

How many characters are you guys finding typically in your lists and the armies you play against? 1 - 2 lords? How many Heros?

Jwolf
07-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Characters in empire seem to be good with a couple of lords, not maxxed out, a BSB, and wizards if that is your thing.

The Gallipoli defense force, like Herald of Nurgle is running, is also popular and horribly effective. (Though I'm not sure why he has the Swordsmen when he could just get even more Handgunners, but I guess he's pretending like he participates in more than 1 phase of the game?)

I have to say that Mortars and Helstorm Rockets seem to be the answer for most of the horde units of doom that people seem to think will be so good. Those 5 should rather easily demolish all the horde units that might be coming their way in the first couple of turns, with the Helblasters and Hangunners mopping up the pieces. The Cannons will handle the big bad guys, and the Hochlands will bang out some wounds on characters, especially wizards.

Inner Circle Knights were hard to get a lot of value out of before, and will be less capable now that a lot of enemies will get to whack them first when they charge.

Flagellents need larger unit size, unless you're just hoping to draw fire with them. 18 will get dead much too quickly now - WoC, DoC, and Elves will kill most of them before you even get to swing.

47 Swordsmen seems like fun, and is good for putting paid to a lot of Elves. They will draw fire like no one's business, though. Still, they will make a nice centerpiece to the army.

One magic weapon? Maybe I'm too scared of Ethereal things.

At 2500 points, no Steam Tank is hard to excuse. Steam Tanks are pretty hard to beat for almost any army, and can now beat a standard Bloodthirster in assault regularly.

Herald of Nurgle
07-18-2010, 02:17 PM
The Gallipoli defense force, like Herald of Nurgle is running, is also popular and horribly effective. (Though I'm not sure why he has the Swordsmen when he could just get even more Handgunners, but I guess he's pretending like he participates in more than 1 phase of the game?)

It's just because I wanted some sort of defensive unit to protect the Engineers while they're doing the work of Sigmar, and using Handgunners in that sort of role doesn't seem to be a very effective choice.

Dwarflord17404
07-23-2010, 08:24 PM
So I played a game against vampire counts on Monday Night with the random deployment mission. Here are my thoughts:

The 48 swords was fun. I enjoy getting to fight with all of my models. 3 ranks fighting is fun and the griffon banner won 2 combats for me.

The lore of fire sword of rhuin takes care of the magical weapon problem as my unit of 23 spears, a wp and wizzard wallop a unit of etherals with etheral vamp and banshses.

Although all 5 war machines lasted the game( a 1st) they were underwhelming . I need to play more defensive. lack of targets and horrible bounces with rockets and mortar. think I killed a corpse cart and a handfull of graveguard.

Graveguard bunker is still rock hard. Could not break it (all that was left of opp's army).

Purple head of xerxes is a crazy good spell. come to think of it magic is crazy good. Only 1 miscast and the result did more damage to me than him.

my knights as ranked unit barley beat ghouls with necromancer and overall was epic suck.they are going back to units of 5 or 6 attacking exposed flanks and warmachines.

Warrior prirest are the new face of awesome.

With these observations in mind a revamped my list

Arch Lector on a war altar, sword of justice, Van Hortsmen Speculam, Armour of meteroic iron.

Level 4 fire wizard dispell scroll , wizard staff (spears)

Bruce BSB full plate griffion banner (swords)

Warrior Priest Heavy Armour, Great weapon (swords)

Warrior Priest Heavy Armour, bitting blade, shield. (spears)

48 swordsmen full command
det1 15 halberdiers
det2 10 hand gunners

23 spearmen wth shields full command
det1 10 free company
det2 10 handgunners

6 knights muscian inner circle

5 pistolirs musician outrider repeater pistol

18 flagelents P.o.D

2 cannons, mortar and hellstorm rockett battery