PDA

View Full Version : Early War is nearly here!

Aldramelech
07-11-2010, 04:28 AM
Up on the Battle Front website, Early War sneak peak.

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=53&art_id=2021

Im fairly excited by this. Me and my oppo have been playing early war since before it disapeared, its our favorite period and serious work begins soon on my Early War Soviets.

Anybody else going to be buying into the best period of the war?

Chappy
08-10-2010, 05:36 PM
We pretty much solely play Mid-War now but we plan on doing some EW also. I already have a Matilda tank company in the works and will supplement with my existing Brit forces. I cosnidered going French but I already have a large Brit army and I can also use the Matildas in MW/Afrika.

Eusebius Rex
08-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Right now I am actually thinking of doing Polish. I like thier infantry and I've seen some True North figures that are really unigue - some Polish mech brigade.

Bigred
08-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Polish Armored Train...

I am SO in!!!

Aldramelech
08-15-2010, 06:12 AM
Polish Armored Train...

I am SO in!!!

Yep, It'll be amazing how many train tracks will become a regular feature on wargames tables the world over:rolleyes::D

Bigred
08-15-2010, 10:14 AM
I'll get a review up asap. Review copies are already shipping out globally.

Eusebius Rex
08-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I got to see Blitzkrieg on Friday and went through it quite a bit on Saturday as well. I was really worred that the Germans would be minimized because of Motorcycles, Polish cav, french heavy tanks, Armored Trains and and the light tank horde. I gotta say, I am not that worried at all, now. The German list are very much combined arms and you just have so many support options - an amazing amount of flexibility. The Allies are far more regimented in thier list and support options. they can take combined arms, but are far more restricted in the type and number of support platoons they can take. For instance, besides thier HQ mortars, Brit Rifles must choose between an HMG platoon and a mortar platoon - no choice to take both. They do get arty assets, but still they get less options and less choices overall.

The Poles have been engineered with one glaring weakness, the no AAA nor Air Support. Now, Air Support is not to be counted on in any FoW game, but I think we might see more with Poles having no way to counter it and since any MG strafing can pretty much kill all tanks. Also, AAA is probably a better asset against infantry and in EW with so much low front armor it will be able to be very effective high RoF AT.

So, the Germans get highly mobile, highly flexible forces and although lower in Firepower, I think they are more able to cope with the different kinds of hammer units that Allies will be throwing thier way.

In short - they blow seven different kinds of smoke!

I'll be playing my first German vs Pole game on Saturday, so we'll see how that goes.

Aldramelech
08-15-2010, 12:32 PM
No Polish AA? That's a bunch of ****.........

The Polish made 40mm Bofors guns performed brilliantly during the campaign.

Yet another example of BF making up the Second World War to suit themselves again, all in the name of trying to make it tournament friendly.

I'm quite sure my regular Polish oppo will continue to field his AA and I will not be objecting.

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/andyblackmore/1939_ok4.jpg