PDA

View Full Version : SpaceWolves 1500pts-23 missiles a turn

Lucian Kain
07-11-2010, 10:02 PM
(1x)-Logan Grimnar
(3x)-6Long Fangs 5 Rocket launchers
(4x )Foot slogging Terminator Squads, 4 cyclone Launchers and the spare points get you a couple of chainfists or a bunch of wolf claws/combi weapons.
7 Squads(18 marines+21 terminators) at 1500 with #23. range 48" Fragg or Krack goodness pluss that tank hunting punch that Logan provides,fire control/consentrated fire flexibility,anti hord/monsteros creature capability.The idea is that with that much long ranged fire power you have the iniative from the getgo standing and fireing forceing the enemy to come to you,only to be rewarded with defensive stormbolter fire and finally the counter charge,+1attack provided from Logan -Verry spammy,Verry cheesey and not verry Fluffy i know, Space Wolves Terminators should have as much variety as possible in weapon selection to reflect thier individuallity let-alone 15 rocket launcher toteing LongFangs.

(This List is from memory i think there was about 25-35pts left to spend on the terminators)

*Is it Too Nasty or Would you be happy to play against it?
*What would you use to destroy it?
How would you make best use of the Terminators and thier deployment options?(scratch that no deepstrikeing wolfguard)
Could Daemon Hunters mystics or some such, be employed in a way to increase shooting even more?
What would you do to make it better in your opinion or at the 2000pt mark?

PinoyC
07-11-2010, 10:53 PM
I can see the pew-pews that you can throw out there being relatively significant but your low numbers and limited (read none whatsoever) mobility will hurt you in the objective capture department. Can you at least get some drop pods in there? Also, watch out for flankers the LFs aren't punks but w/o much more in the CC they'll get murdered by any decent sized squad.

-PC

Lucian Kain
07-11-2010, 11:05 PM
I can see the pew-pews that you can throw out there being relatively significant but your low numbers and limited (read none whatsoever) mobility will hurt you in the objective capture department. Can you at least get some drop pods in there? Also, watch out for flankers the LFs aren't punks but w/o much more in the CC they'll get murdered by any decent sized squad.

-PC

Mint thanks for the feedback:yes i definitly see that being a problem, maybe ill sacrifice some long fangs for drop pods or a terminator squad and kit the rest out a bit better heaps of combi's,was just trying to capitilise on the hail of missles.Pick a target aim fire,target destroyed,repeat meanwhile not even contesting the furtherest objective and smokeing anything that wants to contest the ones im gunning for, one termi squad defending the long fangs from assault or giveing each Long Fangs squad a Cyclone terminator to bolster them (they also become scoreing units i think?) and hord the rest of the terminators into anything in my way but thats about as flexible as it gets,its mainly about target selection verses fireing in unison what outflanking squad can stand against 21 Krak missles three storm bolters and 3 bolters possibly on the double tap- not manny,also 23 krak missles split between a possible 10 different armoured targets should slow down or destroy some transports removeing oposition flexability or high priority armour with 7x Strength9 tankhunting shots, you have to commit your hammer assault unit/dethstar/hord or something similar to touch it and in coehetion with other units or ill pick off one after the other,and in this hopefully distract you from some objectives,IS MY LOGIC SOUND!!!?, IM RANTING AAhhh, games with random game length could be very punishing.....Hmmm its sounds good in my head at least.....

Lucian Kain
07-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Just had another cheesey thought what about a way to add 3 punisher cannons in the mix to do the same thing on an anti-infintry level,im getting carried away here but the Russ Tanks could be forgiven for joining the chapter,the chapters Beloved Primarch lending his name to them and all....

PinoyC
07-12-2010, 08:31 PM
if only mate...I can't believe they didn't at least let us keep the one we had...even at 0-1 just for flavor's sake